Author Topic: In cab winch control  (Read 3309 times)

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
In cab winch control
« on: May 08, 2010, 10:31:18 AM »
I installed this a few years ago. It's easy to install, it comes with everything needed.
Here is the link where I purchased mine. The price of $30.00 has not changed since I purchased mine years ago.
http://www.roadlessgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?page=RGJ/PROD/R/RG631

This is where I put the switch.

The few times I have used my winch this has been real handy! Worth the money :thumbsup:
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
Re: In cab winch control
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »
Looks familiar ;)  Only complaint I had about it was the "house wire" that they sent it wired with.  I swapped out most of their wire for fine strand automotive wire.

Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck
97 TJ - daughters project

www.oldjeep.com

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:11:01 PM »
I made my own 2 switches, piece of aluminum for a backing plate, have been very happy with it. Use the remote only when pulling rocks or logs, for pulling my self out of a jam the switches work like a charm
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Wheezer

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:42:26 PM »
Thanks for the tip! I'll be installing this soon.

Wheezer

Duck Dodgers

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
I did the in cab controls a while back. I used a chunk 3 wire extension cord. Worked nice because all the wired are nicely sealed together in thier own insulation.