Author Topic: Yj Fuel Injectors  (Read 1816 times)

Nicks92jeeper

Yj Fuel Injectors
« on: October 02, 2011, 05:59:18 AM »
I looked around and didn't find the answer I was looking for. I have a 4.0 throttle body on my 2.5 and a MSD ignition coil as well as going to be installing a cold air intake. Would it be benaficial to install larger fuel injectors? Are there any real performance benefits because I just see that the engine might need more fuel? Can I take the injectors from another vehicle? Last question I didn't research yet on injector swaps. Thanks for your help

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
Re: Yj Fuel Injectors
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »
read the injectors swap thred in the faq and "fuel pressure regulators" thread in "workbench", there is a lot of info covered in those 2 threads regarding yj fuel injectors.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:50:38 AM »
Thanks Sharpxmmen!

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »
So I did the fuel injector swap and she sound good. Throatier and deeper and since I was at it I added a cold air intake. Question I have is how do you know if you have a bad injector. I don't think I do but just in case.

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »
So I did the fuel injector swap and she sound good. Throatier and deeper and since I was at it I added a cold air intake. Question I have is how do you know if you have a bad injector. I don't think I do but just in case.

Check engine light can come on. It will run real rough and have no power. RPM's will not climb much past 3K
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 03:37:52 PM »
So one of the connections was not completely on and once I put it on snug the idle evened out and the jeep sounded better. The jeep definitely has better performance and sounds better. I also put sea foam in the gas to help make sure the injectors are flowing well. Sometime this week I hope to change the fuel filter as well.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:56:42 PM »
If you're running on 3 cylinders it's kinda hard to tell at idle.  Once you try to drive anywhere it will be like you're running on 2 cylinders.  A CEL will appear.  I think it's Code 27.  If you crack one of the clips that holds the plugs to the injectors you can jerryrig a zip-tie around the clip to make it work.  Well, if the bar hasn't actually broken off.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."