Author Topic: Two piece oil pan  (Read 396 times)

Offline bootguy

• TANSTAAFL There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
Two piece oil pan
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:27:08 PM »
Has anyone seen a 2 piece oil pan (race type) for the 2.5 engine? I tried cleaning my engine by running a light oil and letting it run while sitting in the driveway and it came pretty clean but being able to clean the oil pan easily would be very nice.
1994 Jeep Wrangler, 2.5L, automatic, 2.5" lift, 4:88 gearing, 33" tires, 2.5" exhaust from manifold back, air restrictor removed.

Offline chardrc

Re: Two piece oil pan
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »
why not just remove the oil-pan and clean it and be done? don't see why would would consistently need to scrub the inside of the engine if you are doing regular oil and filter changes...  :puzzled:
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline bootguy

• TANSTAAFL There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
Re: Two piece oil pan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:49:52 PM »
This was my sons jeep and I just acquired it from him.  I am repairing it and upgrading as I go.  The last older used vehicle I had took a lot of cleaning to get the engine up to where I wanted it.  The engine has valve noise that dropped by half after this cleaning and before I go full synthetic I would like it cleaner.  The 2 piece pan would facilitate that long term.  Besides it is a Jeep and half the stuff we do does not make sense.
1994 Jeep Wrangler, 2.5L, automatic, 2.5" lift, 4:88 gearing, 33" tires, 2.5" exhaust from manifold back, air restrictor removed.