Author Topic: The last time you wheeled? Did you buy it to wheel or drive it?  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: The last time you wheeled? Did you buy it to wheel or drive it?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »
It's not 1ton axles per say but everything else typically done to support the axles and tire size that makes for a less pleasant DD.  Longer the commute the more those things are going to wear on you.  Same thing happens with race cars or muscle cars for that matter.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
True usually, but I found the 37" tires, long arm lift, etc. actually improved the driving experience.  Way more comfortable than when it was low and stock.
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »
True usually, but I found the 37" tires, long arm lift, etc. actually improved the driving experience.  Way more comfortable than when it was low and stock.
You probably forgot what it felt like stock.   :lol:
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2014, 05:32:45 PM »
You probably forgot what it felt like stock.   :lol:

I was low, slow, and just so wimpy....

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »
Awesome...but the car needs to b way more pimped out....

Offline Hunter02

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 05:38:45 PM »
At present, I own my 5th, 6th, and 7th short-wheel based Jeep. '98 TJ, Mid '50s flat-fendered DJ, and an '89 YJ 2WD ratrod with a Chevy I6 250 and a 350TH trans. DJ and YJ ain't goin' 'wheelin'. The wheelin' I do in my TJ consists mostly of running the canal banks here in S.W. Florida, spotting 'gator and river otter and trails down through the 'Glades.
When I was younger I took my Willys/Kaiser Jeeps everywhere. Form S.E. Pensylvania, I got to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Mount Katahdin in Maine and several trips to Florida. Just love driving Jeeps.
Since all but the TJ I've built, I'm not about to beat the balls off of them. Can only afford to build them once. And since I'm often a couple hundred miles from home with my grandsons in the TJ, it stays as stock as possible. Only things done to it were TB spacer and proper speedometer gear to match the 31/10.50s with no lift.
When we're in the toolies, I take what used to be called a 'tractor jack', two ColdSteel 'Bad Axes', a collapsable shovel, a 'come-a-long and a few firearms. Firestarting supplies and emergency shelter go without saying. All this fits behind the back seat.

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 09:44:06 PM »
I was low, slow, and just so wimpy....

low is where it's at. get tall and you end up all sorts of tippy. My buddy is running 37s on 2.5" of lift. Nice and stable.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it

Offline Hunter02

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 10:11:46 PM »
Have to agree with Mr. Stan here. A friend has a YJ, 4" body lift and 4" suspension lift. Just sitting still, you can feel it rocking when the wind blows.
Hunter

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
Have to agree with Mr. Stan here. A friend has a YJ, 4" body lift and 4" suspension lift. Just sitting still, you can feel it rocking when the wind blows.
Hunter
4" of BL??!!!!
That thing must be ugly as well!
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it

Offline Hunter02

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 06:26:58 AM »
4" of BL??!!!!
That thing must be ugly as well!
Not so much 'ugly' as stoopid looking.
Hunter