Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 300132 times)

Offline JC93YJ

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #1530 on: July 18, 2016, 05:55:58 PM »
I got it! Finally figured out how to change the picture size on my dopey computer. I should probably take better pictures so you guys can see my incredible rattle can paint job. It's matte with gloss and some satin mixed in. But she's mine, and she's a sports car killer >-> There's hope for the 2.5 yet!

Joe
93 Jeep YJ- 50 Shades of Black.
Stock 2.5....for now

Offline Prospect62

« Reply #1531 on: September 27, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
Hey guys. Been a member here for awhile and mostly lurked to learn. A couple years ago I bought a YJ that had a 2.5 but that thing turned out to be such a pile that I sold it as soon as I got the title back in my name.

Now I have another 2.5L powered Jeep, but it's one of many Jeeps I've owned over the last 20 years or so. Just bought this 1999 TJ. All stock with 98,000 miles. Hoping to have some good luck with it. It's just a fun summer beater for me, not my daily. Glad to be here and thanks for maintaining such a knowledge-filled place!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:48:08 PM by Prospect62 »

Offline 91 YJ

• In Rust We Trust
« Reply #1532 on: November 29, 2016, 04:46:15 PM »
Thanks for the add. Past owner of a 73 CJ5 and current owner of an 81 CJ5 and now 91 YJ.

73 CJ5
81 CJ5
91 YJ

Offline Hickboii

« Reply #1533 on: January 10, 2017, 02:41:03 PM »
Thanks for the add!! I have an 86 XJ 2.5l with an ax-5. 3.5" Rubicon Express lift, 33" Km2's, locked front and rear, 4.88's, bumpers, winch, rock sliders, and unibody stiffeners.

Offline 98jackdTJ

« Reply #1534 on: January 27, 2017, 02:43:46 PM »
Thanks for the add guys!

My name is Zak, and I am a salesguy at Unlimited Offroad in Fenton MI.

I am the proud owner of a '98 Jeep Wrangler SE!

Currently in the process of..

- JK D44 Rear Axle with Artec JK2TJ truss.. 5.13s E-Locker Chromollys..
- Dynatrac ProRock D44 JK width, TJ brackets front axle, 5.13s ARB 1350 axle joints..
- AX15/NP231 trans and tcase
- AA SYE
- Tom Woods Comp 1310 Driveshafts
- Metalcloak Arched Fenders Front and Rear

I am going to be running a 37x12.50r17 on 2.5-3" of lift.. depending on how I bump it

In the future, I plan on having the block honed..maybe bored over slightly, decked and running a slightly flatter top piston
and installing the 505Performance HD cylinder head.. I am a fan of the rev limiter!

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:46:26 PM by 98jackdTJ »

Offline hemibob35

« Reply #1535 on: February 20, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »
Thanks for adding me. I've had my 91 for almost a year now, and I'm looking forward to a lot of reading and wrench turning.

Offline ericrf

« Reply #1536 on: February 25, 2017, 04:44:48 PM »
Hello, I´m beginning in the jeep world with a 97 TJ 2.5, It has some modifications from the previous owner 4" Lift (Rough Country), 33 tires, 9500 lb winch, bumpers I was disappointed in my first drive, but after my first off road trip I was surprised with the performance and torque, the next step is 4.88 gears, and looking forward to see what else.

Thanks and nice to meet you...

Offline jeeperyj

« Reply #1537 on: February 26, 2017, 01:03:41 PM »
Hi Everyone, Just found this forum and looks like a great place to learn how to build
up my 4 banger 95 Jeep yj! Looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum. :)

Offline Hardly Core

« Reply #1538 on: March 01, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »
Hi All,

My name is Nick, and I'm from Muskoka, Ontario. New to the forum and looking forward to some good solid 4banger info!  After having more than a few jeeps over the years I finally decided to take on a Titty Jeep (TJ).  2001, 4cyl, super basic, no tilt steering or ABS even = my dream jeep (I hate ABS).  I have no experience with this motor as I'm a super fan of the 4.0.  But I've read good comments regarding the durability and longevity of the 2.5, so I did not hesitate when I saw this Jeep for a great price in great shape with 154,000 KILOMETERS! on it.  Time to hit the 'search' bar!

Thanks   

Offline thomps79

« Reply #1539 on: March 21, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »
Hey everyone,
My name is John, I live in the Florida Panhandle.
I bought a completely stock 1999 TJ SE almost 6 years ago, I've just recently been able to start to repairing it and upgrading it.
I am thankful for the vast knowledge on this forum, I am no stranger to forums, I have been a member and moderator for another forum for over 15 years now, I look forward to contributing whatever I can to this forum.
Thank you for having me.
1999 TJ SE

Offline Stickerhead

« Reply #1540 on: March 25, 2017, 05:44:17 PM »
I was on this forum many years ago so I'm back.  I have a 97 TJ that just turned 21 this month (build date).  I have owned this jeep since it was new and looks quite a bit different than it did stock.  My family and I have owned about 15- 20 jeeps from XJ's, TJ's, JK,s, ZJ's and WJ's and even a KJ.  Currently we have two TJ's and on JK in the fleet.
Mine is on a 3.5' RE Superflex short arm with Rokmen hi line front fenders, tummy tuck and skid, Genrite rear armor, Warn bumpers, gas tank skid, powersteeing box skid and modified sliders.  Mastercraft Baja's with 5 point harnesses, and full Rockhard roll cage.  Running 37" Iroc Swampers on Trailready beadlocks and Antirocks front in back. Dana 44 fronts and rears with 5.38's, Detroit in the rear and ARB front with hydro assist.
Plan is to long arm and maybe stretch it.  I have a 4.8 LS to go in with an AX15 but decided we are going to supercharge the 2.5, install the AX15 in back it with a Rubi box or Atlas.  I thought supercharging the 2.5 (even though costly) would be different than everyone else.  Hoping to find someone on here that has done it.
Thanks for having me!
Bryan
97'TJ on 37's Fat and Overweight!
12' JK - *Sold*
2015 Powerstroke Tow Rig

Offline JCroll1ns

« Reply #1541 on: March 26, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »
Hello all,

I currently own a 2000 tj. This is my third Jeep overall and 2nd 4banger Wrangler. I picked this one up for an unreal $700.00. No rust other than mild surface.  It was going to be scrapped so I offered the individual $200.00 more than what the scrap yard was going to give her.  The motor was strong but needed a little love, the gearing in the axles was mismatched (3.53 up front factory 4.10 rear).  I'm guessing somebody blew up the factory front axle and was smart enough to know that a xj front would fit but not smart enough to change or check the gearing.  The Hood and fenders were/are smashed.  Seats are cracked and the soft top was shot. Oh and somebody pulled the power for the radio from the headlight switch.  No lights no radio.  I pulled the interior a dyed the mismatched panels black and will be assembling dash and panels today.  New top was purchased and installed, motor was gone though but not rebuilt as I hadn't really decided what i'm going to do power plant wise. I have plans for some form of low geared t-case (Terra-low or atlas).  Gearing and traction adders to the axles, mild lift,  and currently leaning towards a turbo for the 4 squirrels to make them four angry squirrels.  I really joined just to see what innovative things you guys have done with these pint size motors.  The last one I owned I dropped a GM 4.3L in after the lead squirrel decided to leave its cage.  Thanks for having me.

Offline Birchjeep

« Reply #1542 on: March 31, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
Hey yall, just picked up my first tj 4 banger...99 tj with 4 inch lift and 33s, otherwise bone stock, has custom hand painted birch tree paint job, kinda silly but it grows on ya after a while,  Have owned many other jeeps, currently have 2 wj's one 4.0 all stock and one with 4.7l high output, 4 inch lift, 265s  cold air intake and flowmaster exhaust,  and also have a 1980 cj5 304 amc 3 speed, streched wheel base on chevy axles with 5.13 gears full spool up front, detroit out back, 38.5s tsl sx on beadlocks, full roll cage and running on propane... It's fun for wheeling but im excited to be able to drive the tj on the road... Even if it takes me half an hour to get up to speed!! Lol. 

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1543 on: April 01, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »
Nice to see a bunch of new faces here.

The quiz in the registration really cut down on bots.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Kydude221

« Reply #1544 on: April 06, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Hi guys 30 yr guy by the way in nick from western ky I own a 94 yj 2.5l 3 speed automatic with a 4.5 lift and 31's