Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 299656 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #1500 on: April 09, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »
This feels like what I imagine an AA meeting to be.

Hi everyone, I drive a '95 YJ 2.5L. Been doing so since 1998.

I have completed a few projects including: ... intermittent wiper upgrade,

what's that?
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline andybuster

« Reply #1501 on: April 12, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »
Intermittent wiper relay module and switch from from a jeep that originally had them. Mine did not. Parts used were out of an old Cherokee.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1502 on: April 12, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
This feels like what I imagine an AA meeting to be.

Hi everyone, I drive a '95 YJ 2.5L. Been doing so since 1998.

I have completed a few projects including: homemade front disco cable, hand throttle, e-fan, v8 injectors, 4.0tb, relocated intake temp sensor, intake baffle removal, larger oil filter, 5.9l alternator, intermittent wiper upgrade, CJ windshield knobs, cb radio, winch...

My plans:
1) Converting to ax15, I am open to any offers on reasonably priced parts.
2) Replace the completely old and original suspension with OME springs and Bilstein shocks.
3) a thousand other improvements! seats, stereo, metalcloak, 8.8, wj brakes, lockers, new top

I will attempt posting pictures to my profile.
 :redx:

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to being a part of the community!
If you're going OME you might as well use their shocks.  They're actually one of the few that are good.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #1503 on: April 13, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »
Intermittent wiper relay module and switch from from a jeep that originally had them. Mine did not. Parts used were out of an old Cherokee.
strange that they'd have that as an option, mine had it from factory (I didn't know they ever came without one or maybe the models for Canada all did - 91 and later YJs I mean).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1504 on: April 13, 2015, 08:33:55 PM »
strange that they'd have that as an option, mine had it from factory (I didn't know they ever came without one or maybe the models for Canada all did - 91 and later YJs I mean).
The only option on my YJ was PS.  It was the most stripped down you could get.  2-Speed Wipers, no rear bumper, no rigth side mirror, radio delete, etc...  It was fairly common for the 'S' to be stripped.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

eodjeep

« Reply #1505 on: May 03, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »
Hi All,

My Jeep journey started with a 1968 CJ5.  I loved it.  It was involved in a fire when I was stationed overseas.  I now have a 1990 YJ.  It was also involved in a fire with the previous owner.  It had an engine fire due to a lack of maintenance (leaky head cover+exhaust manifold leak=flaming death).  To compound things the owner never drained the engine of water after the FD showed up and put it out.  Basically I'm here to learn about the 2.5 and what it can do if/when I get it going and what things I should think about changing now.

I'm here to shamelessly use you all for your knowledge!

:wall:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #1506 on: May 03, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
Hi All,

My Jeep journey started with a 1968 CJ5.  I loved it.  It was involved in a fire when I was stationed overseas.  I now have a 1990 YJ.  It was also involved in a fire with the previous owner.  It had an engine fire due to a lack of maintenance (leaky head cover+exhaust manifold leak=flaming death).  To compound things the owner never drained the engine of water after the FD showed up and put it out.  Basically I'm here to learn about the 2.5 and what it can do if/when I get it going and what things I should think about changing now.

I'm here to shamelessly use you all for your knowledge!

:wall:
Welcome! 

Just yank the engine and swap in a 4.0L.  :wall:

Offline maxlobo7

« Reply #1507 on: June 09, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »
Hey All,

I bought a 2001 TJ a few years ago...... mid-life crisis thing.  It's basically stock with a 5 speed and 4 banger.  Lost a skirt off the #4 piston about a month ago.  Anyways, I just about have the engine out for some machine shop work.  Hoping it pick up some good information here on the 2.5.

Rod  :stick:

1Kooljeep

« Reply #1508 on: June 15, 2015, 08:03:45 PM »
Hi, I just bought my 95 YJ 18 years ago. It hasn't been my daily driver for the last 13. I have a wife 2 young kids and a Wolfhound so I try to steal time for my Jeep when I can. Hopefully I can pick up tips hear and there and give a few I may have learned.  Looking forward  to exploring the site.

Offline EagleTJ

• Once an Eagle, Always an Eagle.
« Reply #1509 on: June 17, 2015, 06:28:32 PM »
Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm excited about being a part of this group. I'm looking forward to learning some things and contributing.
This is my rig.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift of God.  Which is why we call it a Present.
----Bil Keane

Offline badfrog2.5

« Reply #1510 on: June 28, 2015, 07:13:42 AM »
Just takin a minute to intro and say hey......family needs come before the jeep needs but I hope to get some handy tips n tricks from you all.....my 95 squirrel mill will appreciate the help.

Offline paulsadog

« Reply #1511 on: August 12, 2015, 05:02:16 PM »
Just a quick post to say hello.  Bought my YJ a little over a year ago.  1st wrangler, 1993, but got lucky to find it here in Maine in pretty good condition (it started life in CA). PO did a pretty good job of doing some upgrades,  AX-15 on the 2.5l, OME 2 1/2" springs, greaseable Crabtree boomerang shackles blah, blah, blah...... Still plenty to do if I want to. I'm looking forward to reading up on what everyone else has for problems or projects and hopefully I'll have some helpful information to contribute.

Offline macfeargus

« Reply #1512 on: September 06, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »
Hello everyone I the proud owner of 2 jeep wranglers one with the 2.5L one with the 4.0L And my brother Has a wrangler with a 2.5L and i work on them all. We are out of Boise Idaho.

Offline shessel

« Reply #1513 on: October 28, 2015, 10:15:21 AM »
I'm Steve.  Been a lurker for awhile, just bought another Jeep after not owning one for more than a year now.  I've had a YJ with a v8, a TJ with a 4.0l, and 2 Cherokee's with 4.0; in the past, but this time I went with a 4cyl.  All the people I wheel with talk about how the technique when wheeling is different with a 4cyl due to the lack of power, I felt the need to see how well I can do.  I picked up a 1995 YJ, 2.5l 5sp here in Michigan with no rust (which is hard to do).  Already has a 4" lift, JCR rock sliders and front bumper, winch, new top, and a few other goodies.  Looking forward to continuing on and getting back out on the trails.

Offline CrazyDuck

« Reply #1514 on: October 28, 2015, 11:42:14 PM »
Just found this forum through a Google search about turbo jeeps. I have two 4cyl jeeps in the driveway. My wife's 95 YJ and my 2000 TJ.  :google: