4bangerJP.com
January 21, 2018, 01:12:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to 4BangerJP.com...                                         New Members check in at the, "Introduce yourself" thread...

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mozman's new "4WD" project  (Read 77 times)
Mozman68
Poseur Extraordinaire®

« on: November 24, 2014, 03:53:03 PM »

Well...leaving the Jeep world for now (as long as it sells...).

Entering the AWD V8 world.  2009 Audi S5 with 50k on the clock.

354hp and 325 ft/lb torque stock...will be adding about "20" to each of those with an exhaust upgrade in the Spring.

It's a beast...goes really fast...is super comfortable...has like 15 B&O speakers, Bluetooth, back-up screen,...basically everything.  My 80 miles a day commuting just became an attempt to avoid getting a ticket.

Was used, so had to fix a couple of things...front hood strut replaced, spare tire access handle replaced and my first upgrade to a new start/stop button.  Old one was wearing and starting to bubble so replaced with new "red ring" style off of current models.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:53:56 PM by Mozman68 » Logged

2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....
h20pumper

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:58:03 PM »

those are nice, my brother in law traded a mustang in towards a similar year a6
jfrabat
Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®

Finally USING the Jeep!

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »

My brother got an S5 recently (I think it s a couple of years newer than yours, but not current model).  They are a BEAST!

'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost
Mozman68
Poseur Extraordinaire®

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »

My brother got an S5 recently (I think it s a couple of years newer than yours, but not current model).  They are a BEAST!

Yes...it is WAY more powerful than what I need. 

Was able to get the winter wheels/tires on last week and of course there is no snow.  I almost can't wait for bad weather now (it will come).

Now that I have the black wheels on, I was thinking of blacking out the trim/emblams and switching to an RS5 honeycomb grill....orderin the new exhaust and Summer wheels/tires by the end of the month before I find something else to spend money on.  Also converting the rear lights to the later model LED version.

Mozman68
Poseur Extraordinaire®

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:18:14 AM »

Update on project Audi...three years later.... blbl

Eventually ended up putting a vinyl wrap on the car, 20" wheels, lowered on coilovers, track exhaust, carbon fiber intake, blah blah blah....it sounds mean, looks mean and now has almost 110k on the clock. 

Now looking at the new Wrangler....would like to get a 4-door since we're looking at getting a Newfoundland puppy in the late Spring.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: