Author Topic: Turbo fuel management  (Read 1241 times)

Offline turbojeep95

Turbo fuel management
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:00:10 PM »
Ive been researchin alot of info on how to add fuel to my yj for a 6-7 psi set up. I originally bought a set of 36lb/hr injectors with an adjustable map sensor but read that this was the worst possible set up.  My next option would be an fmu, 19lb injectors, and check valves to the map sensor. This was also stated to be a questionable set up. Ive been readin about the boosted 6 cylinder setups and many of them are runnin a GM 2 bar map with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and slightly bigger injectors. What i want to run is the 19lb injectors that are in it now with a stock crushed fuel pressure regulator (due to that i cant find an adjustable one) with a msd btm. My goal for engine management is to get it to be as close to bolt on as possible with minimal tuning. I realize a megasquirt or psc1 would be better but i cant do fuel and timing maps. Wow.. What to yins think?

st.chevrolet

Re: Turbo fuel management
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »
Here you go.
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator - Hesco #HES9195FR,
Fuel/Timing - SplitSecond FTC1, must be ordered for specific vehicle and has an optional internal 2.5 bar map sensor

st.chevrolet

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 12:23:29 AM »
JFYI
Tried the GM 2 Bar MAP, I think you will find the stock ECU cannot read it, hence my use of the PSC1 02.

Offline turbojeep95

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »
I found that fpr right away. It says that it will only werk for the 6cyl. Thats why i want to try to use sockets to crush the stock fpr a little to put more tension on the spring. They say 1/8" crush will give you an extra 10psi. If the 2 bar map will werk for the 6cyl, why do our computers have a hard time reading it? Also, how hard is it to set up the psc1? I went to their website and hooking it up will be no problem at all but i have no clue as how to tune it.

st.chevrolet

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:12:14 AM »
Research?
Hesco Adj. FPR - A while back I spoke with a Hesco tech and it also works on the 4 cyl.
I don't know know the reason the stock ECU cannot read the GM 2 Bar MAP, but it would not work on mine.
If you read the product info on the SplitSecond site you will notice that the AlC1, FTC1 and PSC1 come with
their R4 software which will walk you through how to set up the Maps. There is also a Tuning Guide you can read to help you set up Maps, you will find it near the bottom of their index on the left side of the page.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:14:51 AM by st.chevrolet »

Offline turbojeep95

FMS
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
Okay, last question. One of your earlier setups consisted of 19lb injectors and an fmu. Can I use the hesco fpr in place of an fmu?

st.chevrolet

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »
Before we go any further please read post #108 in my "Seans Project Turbo YJ " thread.