Author Topic: Wire matchup  (Read 768 times)

OldSchool

Wire matchup
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:37:28 PM »
I pulled the connection apart for the fuel pump outside the tank. I'm not sure of the wire matchup. Colors are: GN-BK-BKRD to YL-BK-RD. I have a 93YJ 2.5L Poly tank with the rectangular plate on top. Can any one help me match up these wires.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Wire matchup
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:57:18 PM »
I pulled the connection apart for the fuel pump outside the tank. I'm not sure of the wire matchup. Colors are: GN-BK-BKRD to YL-BK-RD. I have a 93YJ 2.5L Poly tank with the rectangular plate on top. Can any one help me match up these wires.

you can find that here http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-service-manuals/index.htm look for it in the wiring diagrams, i tried to find it but it's not searchable so that sucks
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:37:52 PM »
i found something in that link i posted, this is from a '93 YJ but the colors don't match yours - on the harness side (not the tank side)

BK/Orange - Ground
Dark Green/Black - 12v from Fuel Pump Relay
the third one i think is Dark Blue (i can't make out what it says) and is the Fuel Level sender signal.

it's all on page 112 in the wiring diagrams - they don't list the sender/pump side

in the '95 Manual i found
Dark Green/Black - Fuel Pump relay 12v
Dark Blue - fuel level sending unit
Black/Orange - ground

so obviously they have that wrong as the '93 FSM since is identical to the '95

there are the '94 manuals in the FAQ section, have a look there maybe you've got better luck matching the colors.

You can also use a voltmeter/multimeter to determine the ground and 12v fuel pump relay on the harness side, you can also use the ohm feature on the multimeter to determine the sending unit wire and the other 2 would be the pump wire and the common ground between the sending unit and the pump.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

OldSchool

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
Thank you so much for your help and research. I was able to match up the wires. I've got a brake line to fix and I'll be back on the road. I was just going to take it to the dealeer. You saved my hundreds of dollars. Thanks atgain. I first went on anouther web and got no respnse at all. I won 't make that mistake again.   :dance:

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 08:23:04 PM »
Thank you so much for your help and research. I was able to match up the wires. I've got a brake line to fix and I'll be back on the road. I was just going to take it to the dealeer. You saved my hundreds of dollars. Thanks atgain. I first went on anouther web and got no respnse at all. I won 't make that mistake again.   :dance:

no problem, glad you got it figured out  :thumbsup:

stick around, guys here are helpful and there's very little to no bashing which is also nice

check the FAQ and workbench sticky threads - lots of good info in there, makes for a good read if you're bored :lol: