Author Topic: Not jeep  (Read 2155 times)

Offline grumpygy

Not jeep
« on: September 18, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
  Been having trouble with my truck engine just not running right.  Not long ago I changed Plus and Plug wires.  So today I decided to change the plugs and so far they look burnt and after less than 100 Miles.  But the plug wires are junk too when pulling them off the guts come right off and stay on the plug.

Think those are going right back.  Even used the electric grease to try and stop that problem.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline grumpygy

Re: Not jeep
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 06:49:51 PM »
Got it out there running is it ever smooth now.  All Plugs on the drivers side almost fouled.  3 on the Passenger side looked new and one was fouled. This is a 2000  GMC Sierra 1500 4W with the 5.3.

Now I just hope that this also solved my transmission Problem and it was not getting the right Vacuum reading.  But think that I may need the trans pump replaced. Coulkd just be a Solenoid too.  Since I do not have the right tools to check that its off to the shop for that.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:29 PM »
Got it out there running is it ever smooth now.  All Plugs on the drivers side almost fouled.  3 on the Passenger side looked new and one was fouled. This is a 2000  GMC Sierra 1500 4W with the 5.3.

Now I just hope that this also solved my transmission Problem and it was not getting the right Vacuum reading.  But think that I may need the trans pump replaced. Coulkd just be a Solenoid too.  Since I do not have the right tools to check that its off to the shop for that.

check the O2 sensors I have seen them make those trucks over fuel or under-fuel causing misfires or fouling plugs..  the dealer may also have a re-flash for better diagnostic aids to help put on the engine light when a o2 goes bad!!

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »
New Plugs and Wires seems to have cured the Miss.  It used to hit while climbing hills.   Trans Acted up Bucking at around 55-60 MPH.

When I was on the test drive I got on it reall hard a couple of time and the trans did not seem to be acting up.  Will take it in to work in the Morning.  See how that goes.  Really hope that works.  Would like to do some more work on the Jeep and the truck needs to be working for this.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »
New Plugs and Wires seems to have cured the Miss.  It used to hit while climbing hills.   Trans Acted up Bucking at around 55-60 MPH.

When I was on the test drive I got on it reall hard a couple of time and the trans did not seem to be acting up.  Will take it in to work in the Morning.  See how that goes.  Really hope that works.  Would like to do some more work on the Jeep and the truck needs to be working for this.

misfires/ pour running engines will cause weird transmission issues

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »
While doing a Vacuum check for the Cat I found frayed wires that were touching for the MAF Sensor.  Spliced those but It still failed the test of vacuum.  so the cats are getting blocked.  Should have the new ones this week.  That change cost more than the one for the jeep and is not as easy.

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Well I finally won.  All the problems ended up being from a Bad coil.  That would have cause the Cats to go bad since it was running raw fuel.

I kept getting a code of a Miss on Cyl #1.  So I moved the coil to cyl 5 and the miss moved to that Cyl.  Yesterday I picked up a Coil and put it on.  No more Check Engine Light  anhd the transmission is working great..

Hopefully by the end of this weekend the Jeep will be 100% too, My head should be back from the Machine shop on Friday.  Having that Broken bolt taken out and he is going to go thru it.  Real good Machinist and its only going to cost me around $100 as long as the Valve guides are good.

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
To bad the donuts for the Manifold were real cheap.  Ended up stripping some studs trying to get it back apart.  Could not get the studs out so pulled the Manifold.

Front bolt on the head was Broken, Never knew it till now.

What is it with these exhaust bolts and breaking.  They use a 10MM headed bolt to hold it on.

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 05:40:30 PM »
Its going back together, Then studs and Broken bolt almost won, But I got them.

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 06:03:48 PM »
Done now I have a truck and jeep again.  Living out in the country its nice to have something to fall back on.  Now before I can get that new bored out  throttle body I have to at least get a new Battery for the HD.

The current Battery I got from Wal Mart piece of junk but needed it to get home.  Have to order a gel cell.  I put the one from Wal -Mart on a charger I used for my Old Battery and it boiled out all the water its a Battery tender they are not supposed to do that.