Author Topic: Something else to watch for  (Read 1029 times)

Offline grumpygy

Something else to watch for
« on: November 04, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »
   If you remember I had a bent Wheel and changed out the Wheels to some new ones.  Most of my Handling problems went away but it still was kind of Twitchy, Would dart if it hit a worn track in the road.

Well I happen to notice they did not put my tires back on like I told them to.

I have 2 sets One is older and worn.  The other was new and a slightly different tread Pattern.  Also different Manufactures.  Well they Put the Newer ones on the right side and older on the left.

Just got back from having them correct this and it is now driving the best I can remember in a long time.

Maybe next spring I will go for a complete set all matching.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
Re: Something else to watch for
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:38:28 AM »
I would reconsider using a shop that didn't install the new tires on the same axle.

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:02 AM »
I would reconsider using a shop that didn't install the new tires on the same axle.

Trust me they had me really Pissed.  Walked in and right on their front counter is a sign saying why they put the new tires up front.  So I grabbed that sign and asked them why that did not apply to work done on mine.

They gave the Excuse that  it only applies when they put on the new tires.  So I asked them why they mixed brands  on a Axle.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline Utwrangler25

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
Reguardless of there excuses they screwed up and will not admit fault.  Not a good way to do buisness.  Simple things like this can break a company.  They need to take another look at how they do things.  Good reason to always check your vehicles when you pick them up from a shop. 

YJmechanic

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 07:37:50 AM »
bad practice of a business to not just except fault and say sorry well fix that up for ya. something as stupid as that isnt worth making a bad name for your business or making it look like you dont know what your doing.  garages are struggling now and cant afford this dumb stuff