Author Topic: Still no oil pressure  (Read 2132 times)

bammerman

Re: Still no oil pressure
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 08:25:08 PM »
I think you are right sharp about the EGR. What I was planning on doing was taking my manifolds and swapping them on to the new block, but a buddy asked why I dont keep the upgraded inject system and intake. I didnt think my computer would support that, so that is why I asked.  Here are some pictures. Would love to swap the exhaust manifold only and cap that pipe that leads to the intake manifold but dont think it is possible.

bammerman

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
forgot to post my current plan in plain thought. 

I plan on taking off the old intake and exhaust manifolds from the 88 4.0 and putting them on the new block from the 92 so I can use the same connections, etc.. from the 88 4.0 I had installed. I know I lose the HO but at this point just want it running. 2 years without my baby and just looking at it sit is sad.

bammerman

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »
progress update --

Since I am now doing this alone (no help o.0, gonna be reading this manual a ton) I have replaced the valve cover and intake manifold gaskets.  Going to replace the timechain gasket and oilpan gasket and throw this baby in. hopefully since I am using the old manifolds everything will mount up correctly (exhaust) and plug and play after that to run. fingers crossed

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »
progress update --

Since I am now doing this alone (no help o.0, gonna be reading this manual a ton) I have replaced the valve cover and intake manifold gaskets.  Going to replace the timechain gasket and oilpan gasket and throw this baby in. hopefully since I am using the old manifolds everything will mount up correctly (exhaust) and plug and play after that to run. fingers crossed

it's a good idea to replace the front and rear crank seals as well, they're cheap and it's easy with the motor out.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

bammerman

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
How easy when sitting on an engine stand?