Author Topic: Fuel Tank question  (Read 1067 times)

Nicks92jeeper

Fuel Tank question
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:55 AM »
So I was driving my jeep yesterday and noticed a strong gas smell. Checked my fuel lines and they were all good. Looked brand new actually so I guess the guy that had it before me wasn't completely worthless. I have been smelling it for a while and when I got under there I found a "T" connection that had one part of it unplugged. I have a diagram with a circle around the part I am talking about. The part that is unplugged is the bottom of the "T" part and I could not locate the hose that it goes to so either it is there and I didn't see it or it was for some reason removed. Does anyone know the routing that this thing is on? Does anyone know what this part does because I am thinking that this is the reason I have such crap gas mileage?

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Fuel Tank question
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:24:16 AM »
that is supposed to go to to the evap canister
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:09:05 AM »
That is what I figured. Just got home from work and found the line that connects it. It was wedged under another line so yep, problem fixed. Wonder how well the gas mileage is going to do now!

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
That is what I figured. Just got home from work and found the line that connects it. It was wedged under another line so yep, problem fixed. Wonder how well the gas mileage is going to do now!

you'd be losing fuel when the tank is full, past 3/4 and down i doubt would have leaked but is good that you fixed it as it is obviously not safe.

what do you have for mpg?
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »
Maybe 12 mpg. When I had originally smelled the gas, it was under half a tank and I looked under there and noticed gas had been coming out of that valve which spurred me to fix it.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 07:00:04 AM »
Maybe 12 mpg. When I had originally smelled the gas, it was under half a tank and I looked under there and noticed gas had been coming out of that valve which spurred me to fix it.

i'm between 14 and 15 depending how i drive.