Author Topic: Got A Banks Exhaust  (Read 822 times)

JohnnyO

Got A Banks Exhaust
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »
Got a Banks exhaust.  Sitting in the box in my basement.  Had an epidemic of broken exhausts in the JohnnyO family vehicles this week.  On Monday I took the Focus wagon company car to a custom exhaust shop near my office to get some new hangers welded on since they broke and it was banging around.  Literally when I walked out to my truck to go get the Focus I see the tailpipe on my Sport Trac hanging low.  It already has a Gibson cat-back system.  I take it to the same shop on Wednesday for a new tailpipe.  Meantime, the Jeep has been at a different shop all week trying to figure out the cause of the stumble and they tell me the muffler is shot.  This makes three mufflers in three years.  I roll into the muffler shop with my truck Friday morning, I know they think there must be something wrong with the tailpipe, I tell them there is an epidemic and the Jeep is broken too.  We got a good laugh and I was named Customer Of The Week and they allow that mufflers on Wranglers don't last real long.  I said screw this, would you put on a stainless Banks cat-back if I pick it up?  They said no problem so I picked it up at the 4WD Hardware store.  Jeep goes in next week.  Assuming everything else is fixed.  So far we have a new distributor (crapload of play in the old one), two injector rail seals, a crank sensor, temp sensor, thermostat (whoever put the old one in used so much Permatex it was partially blocking it and the bypass), and plugs.  It is much better but there is still a flat spot.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:13:38 AM by JohnnyO »

Offline aka-justin

Re: Got A Banks Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »
I hope things start improving for you. Seems like when it rains, it poors.
[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

JohnnyO

Re: Got A Banks Exhaust
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
I hope things start improving for you. Seems like when it rains, it poors.
Thanks.  3 to 4 weeks ago was the battery epidemic.  My mom's car, my wife's car, and my son's car.  Luckily the wife's and junior's were still on warranty.
And I'm still in bad shape from rotator cuff surgery and can't do any of it myself.  Had to pay real money a couple weeks ago to get the oil changed in the wife's car.