Author Topic: Going Wheelin tomorrow, any cheap/ free mods I can try?  (Read 1302 times)

JeepManMarc

Going Wheelin tomorrow, any cheap/ free mods I can try?
« on: January 26, 2007, 02:36:59 PM »
I would like to teak my stock setup to get teh most out of my TJ possible while waiting for money/ parts to arrive.  I have 31's on it now, but is there anything else I can do to maximize performance on my Jeep the way it sits?  I am planning on removing the rear swaybar, and eventually getting disconnects for the front.
thanks for any help, if this is a repost, maybe I suck at searching  :P

chrisfranklin

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:39:58 AM »
Air down tires?  Unbolt the swaybar without using sway-disconnects (would have to keep the sway bars out of the way using something and then bolt them back on when your'e done with the trail).

Jesse-James

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 01:09:06 PM »
Mine is zip tied to the frame while I decide to get links or ditch it. Been like that for 6 mos. Best possible thing you can do if you haven't done so.

And it's free!

JeepManMarc

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:56:58 PM »
Well, I will have pics up soon, we went out wheeling today.  Went with  3 buddies, a 99' XJ, My 98'TJ, my buddies 94' YJ and a Samurai.  All in all it was a good day, I never got stuck, but there were some very tricky spots, almost got pulled into a couple trees going up a side hill.  I love this stuff, cant wait for more!  Even found some mud to play in, it was only 25 degrees, but we found mud!  :D

cromwell

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Hope you reconnected your track bars as a TJ is not designed to be safely run without them.

Tony

Got Wood?

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 04:37:20 PM »
Track bar and swaybar, totally different functions.

JeepManMarc

Tall Boy

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 04:13:57 PM »
J.e.e.p. Just. Empty. Every. Pocket.

Guardian7

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 07:12:46 PM »
You need the trackbars both on and offroad with a TJ and you wont want to run the street without the front swaybar connected, the coil springs will let your rig sway alot without them. The offroad capability is greatly increased with front sway links disconnected your susension can flex, homemade quick disconnects are also really easy to build for the front links if your on a budget.