Author Topic: question for guardian 7  (Read 795 times)

christopher

question for guardian 7
« on: January 29, 2007, 07:08:51 AM »
hey guardian 7 looking to buy an electric fan. seen in past post that you found a flex a lite for cheap i believe you got a 435 or 475 they look like the easiest to install. i found them on their web site but they are outrageous in price.i dont want to do the ford taurus thinging to much to find this. buy that i believe you payed 150 or so and there going for 250 now.plus i like how the flex a lite mounts to existing radiator brackets and not through the radiator its self.have you had good luck with it ?where did you get yours?

Guardian7

question for guardian 7
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »
Hey Chris, actually my fan turned out to be a 15" Flex-a-lite Black Magic 150 Universal which comes with shroud, adjustable thermostat and sensor, AC relay, manual overide, wires, fuses, mounting brackets and great instructions, easy install! It is very a strong heavy duty design and will handle whatever you can throw at it. I have seen some cheap e-fan conversions which had no shrouds cause overheating. Stay away from mounting through the radiator types, off-road bouncing will lead to a damaged radiator core. The S blades make less noise but cost more. I live in the desert and wanted the best E-Fan I could buy, my local speed shop also sells them for about $199 but ebay stores may save you some $$.. My YJ install was really easy, on the TJ you will need to re-mount the overflow tank and power steering resevoir, I plan on doing the same mod to my TJ this summer, Flex-a-lite system is well worth the money and made in USA! Dont take chances with a system as important as cooling.

christopher

question for guardian 7
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »
sorry it took so long to reply been working to much but thanks for the info ive been looking at the one you talked about dont look to bad ebays got one on there right now. i thinks its up to 100 bucks.