Author Topic: need experienced opinions  (Read 546 times)

SEZARO21

need experienced opinions
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
I have a 91 YJ (2.5L)  I want to upgrade the ignition system so I wanted to know if I bought the Blaster coil, would that make any difference in the way my jeep runs?  I have Champion Double Platnium Spark plugs and Brand new Autolite spark plug wires.  I believe they are 7MM.  The coil is $38.00.  I wanted to know if it was worth the money and if it would make a difference in the way the jeep rides and power.

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
Re: need experienced opinions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
Yes...definitely....

oh... wait...you wanted EXPERIENCED opinions....then I change my answer....."I don't know" :bandit:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »
It should help out, and allow you to open the gap in the plugs up some.

I run the Livewire kit from Performance Distributors, nice kit and well worth the money.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 04:37:35 PM »
I run a Performance Distributors coil with a set of 8.5mm MSD wires an it had made a big difference. As far as Blaster coils go... I have no experience with the brand so I can't say. But, I wouldn't cheap out on the coil.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.