Author Topic: A guy from the Dakota World!  (Read 854 times)

KnightofMopar

A guy from the Dakota World!
« on: August 17, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »
Hey guys! To start off I use to have a 90 2.5 YJ that had 33's with a RC 2.5" Suspension lift and a 3inch body lift. Now for my daily driver I have 97 dakota 2.5 l ( doh). I am looking to get her a little more up and go. I am not looking for a race car as I have my 50Trim SRT 4  :beers:.

List of whats on my truck:
-Mopar Stage 3 Cam\
-2.5" Exhaust
-60mm 4.0 Tb
-Custom CAI

Next on the list is to regear. The truck is currently on 255/60/15's and the rear end has a 3.55 in it  :brick:. Still debating on the 4.10 or 4.56. My question is where should I go next on my crusade for a decent " quick town truck" . I am still a little confused on which injectors to get as I have ready a lot of posts of certain 24 lb injectors having issues with the TJ motors like mine. Any help would be great! A turbo might be next year with low boost to add some spunk, but I am hoping I can get it where I want it with the regear and injector help for the experts :D . It is a 5speed btw!

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
Re: A guy from the Dakota World!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
IMO gearing is going to give you the most noticable improvement. The lower you go the faster you can row thru the gears! But your top end might suffer a bit with a small dia tire, depending on how much freeway you see.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline chardrc

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »
the electric fan swap gives you a noticeable gain...
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Mr_Random

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »
the electric fan swap gives you a noticeable gain...

I can agree with this!

gasket/port matching your intake manifold should help a bit, and is basically free.

Throttle response will improve with a 62mm TB, as well as WOT power.

Above all this, a regear will do the best. Most 2.5/5spds come 4.10 stock, but you have a chryco rear-end, so chances are there is very little easy swapability. Depending on the axle, it should have steeper aftermarket gear options.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:50:16 PM »
high flow cone filter gave me quite a bit of change along with the 4.0L tb.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end