Author Topic: 97 TJ Turbo Project  (Read 577 times)

devuurstorm

97 TJ Turbo Project
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:51:14 PM »
i have just gotten a good sum of money and am looking for something to do with it
already have a
lift
home made tummytuck/ engineskid
rocker guards
custom bumpers
rocking sound system
33's
aussie up front
c-clip eliminator
FoMoCo elec fan

so with my money i am going to turbo my 97 2.5l TJ
i have already read the offical turbo thread and have some questions since i come from the world of supercharging(my dads 1970 dodge challenger)
what i know is my wrx sti has a turbo and it boosts hard all the time cause i love to drive fast but i know little about how to put one in(i have a friend that hellped me replace my intercooler and place on my NOS and alky to the wrx sti but he has gone to school and i will not be seeing him for a long time)

while i am going to school for mechanical engineering turbos are new to me i understand how they work just not the fine details

what i would like is
1) list of cars that have turbos that will give me 4-8 psi of boost
2) what is a FMU and how do you install one
3) fuel/air and boost gauge that will not break the bank(under $50 for each)
4) do i need to get larger injectors like 32# cause i just replaced the injectors 4 months ago with stock 24# ones
5) would i need to modify my MAP sensor 
6) parts list i dont need numbers but just the conponents that i would need
i know how to plumb it so that it works but i do not want to blow my engine up by having it boosting hard all the time and not having the right fuel/air mix and other factors
i also want it to be as simple as possible
i hope to not have to run an intercooler as i will be puttin on a alky system instead

zach

st.chevrolet

Re: 97 TJ Turbo Project
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:01:01 PM »
Go to "Members Projects" and read "Seans Project Turbo YJ &" thread.