Author Topic: 97 tj 2.5 cranks but no fire  (Read 9026 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: 97 tj 2.5 cranks but no fire
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »
it's either you lose power somewhere or one of the sensors has misses - but from another thread here, the guy had this problem where the tach would suddenly go to zero and it turned out to be oil in the distributor which was affecting the cam sensor - but since you replaced that already maybe it's your crank sensor (unless as i mentioned before you lose power somehow - could be another bad wire like the one you found).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

andrew383

« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2009, 09:29:29 PM »
well i wheeled it both days this weekend and it did fine but still has a miss and idle's at 1500rpm+.I replaced the TPS but it didnt fix it.Ive "readjusted" the IAC 3 times now but it always ends up with a high idle.
Im taking the inspection cover off the trans tommorrow and going to check the 8 spots the crank sensor gets its mark from.

On a sad note a trashed not 1 but 2 tires this weekend  :brick:  but had fun doin it  :lol:

candy for ya  8)

andrew383

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »
well i pulled the inspection cover on the trans to inspect the notches in the flywheel for the crank sensor and they were all clean and there was no other obstruction's on it.
I spray some cleaner in the  distributor,but its fairly clean.

The problem i had where it wouldnt rev over 3500 rpm was fixed by putting the stock coil back on  :brick:

BarneyJeep

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »
lol, i told you about that coil....its designed to be run with their ignition parts...

you need to have a Fuel pressure gauge on it and watch the pressure and see if it drops while you are driving it....

I know i still havent checked that fuel rail i have....i promise i'll let you know, works been crazy this week.

andrew383

« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2009, 03:00:21 PM »
ive ran that coil for almost a year now without issue's  :naughty:. The coil requires spiral wound core wires which i have there just not the live wires.
i do have 1 wire thats stock on there cause one ofthe other wires pulled apart and ive yet to crimp the end back on.