Author Topic: what to expect  (Read 1100 times)

drunkencityworker

what to expect
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:08:32 PM »
i joined a local jeep club. its fairly new but active. one sponsered run a month. my question is what can i expect from my membership and what can i do to make the club better.

Offline jagular7

Re: what to expect
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 09:54:49 PM »
Where? Name of the club? Website? United, Blue Ribbon, or national organization member? Or a state organization (CA, CO)

Congrads.

I'm a member of KC4WDA and KCJeep. I'm affiliated to several others just not a member, but participate and volunteer when/where I can. Each of these clubs have a trailride and meeting once a month. To add, like today, KCJeep had a car wash for a boys home. We also take them wheeling.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

drunkencityworker

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 03:25:06 AM »
down&dirty offroad    ddoffroad.com 

Offline jagular7

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:13:06 AM »
4WD clubs have members. Each member brings their personality to the club. Some personalities rub others the wrong way. So take it as a volunteer environment. Depending on the overall size and participation of the membership, the club functions to fulfill the needs of its membership. If you don't participate, you won't be seen. If you don't speak up, you won't be heard. You will tend to follow rather than participate and lead. And that's at the meetings and social events. On the trails, it becomes a different story. It will take years to understand wheeling and trailriding. Some use the go pedal too much. Some don't use it at all. Jeeping takes money and most spend a lot on putting pieces together whereas others need to keep their junk running to get to work....

It is just another day at the playground....just as an adult.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

drunkencityworker

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:19:39 AM »
Well i guess i am affiliated with another club. gljt. i am friends w some members and attend some runs. I joined ddo b/c i want to meet more peep to go on runs with.

drunkencityworker

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 10:22:27 AM »
my weekends are all about my daughters. so i told them i prob wont make too many meetings. but i would see them on there monthly runs most the time. figured i wld help them out for $30membership.

drunkencityworker

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 10:24:27 AM »
I do plan on doing the toys for tots run this year but thats really a gljt gig.

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »
I am not a club person and don't think I will ever join one.
However I found a cool local webforum that is in a sense a very none organized club
I found some wheeling buddies there and a bunch of people we get together with at times for AAT work and just to do meet and greets to get to know each other better.
Most our meetings are on the trail though or on the forum so no dues or membership politics involved just the way I like it.
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE