Author Topic: Throttle Body Trade  (Read 674 times)

Offline mrcabinet

Throttle Body Trade
« on: September 09, 2009, 04:20:25 PM »
I messed up and jumped into buying a 4.0 throttle body for my 2.5 before fully researching all the details. I got one for a '91 to '95, when I should have gotten one for a '96+ (with the MAP mount on the TB). Of course, now I can't find one locally, and I'm really anxious to do this swap.

So, if anyone here has a '96+ TB that they'd be willing to trade for the one I have, I'd sweeten the deal and throw in the 19lb. injectors that I won't be using now.
No matter where you're going, there you are.

drunkencityworker

Re: Throttle Body Trade
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:28:41 PM »
i used the same one you have. I just plugged it with an extra screw and it works just fine. you should be ok. dont forget to change the other sensor housings from 2.5 to the 4.0

Offline chardrc

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
you could talk to Bounty Hunter and he may let you do a parcel trade for a bored out 4.0l throttle body.. he is a vender so it would probably be worth seeing what he can do for you if you can't find anyone to trade with.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 04:53:53 PM »
No, I need the one WITH the vacuum tube and threaded holes for the MAP to hook up to.
No matter where you're going, there you are.