Author Topic: YJ 2.5 parts needed  (Read 1779 times)

YJ KiD

YJ 2.5 parts needed
« on: August 17, 2009, 08:05:56 PM »
Alright guys i am new to this forum but been around jeeps for a long i am in a bit of a predicament i loaned my jeep to my buddy while i was working on his and at some point he thought it would  be a good idea to put it in a ditch trying to avoid something (i'll never get there real story)but long story short hit something hard enough to brake the battery loose from the tray and tore everything up i basically need all accessories on the front of the motor when the battery broke loose it broke open and went through the radiator i have a 94 2.5 5 speed whatever u guys have extra or laying around it would really help me out my jeep is my only transportation for the winter so please HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
kinda in a jam

YJmechanic

Re: YJ 2.5 parts needed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »
if your just looking for  stock replacement parts just find a u pull it yard and yank it all and i bet you can get away with only a hundred or two,  and definitely make your budy help and pay

YJ KiD

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »
thought of that but i have ad bad experiences buying parts from the local yard with there supposed 30 day guarantee and got it home installed it (radiator) and it leaked worse than the one i had before took it back and they said i broke it.  No money back and no replacement part just out the money.  So i have a hard time trusting my local yard would rather take the word of a fellow jeeper and take a chance with a stranger than give those jokers anymore of my money.  if it comes down to it i prolly will but thoght id try and see if anyone had any fall off of one of their builds. 

thanks for the response

drunkencityworker

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 02:16:52 PM »
try greatlakes4x4.com very active classifieds anc part outs..most willing to ship. helped me before

Mr_Random

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:01:34 PM »
Hence why you shouldn't buy "wet," or "moving" parts from the junkyard without the intention of a rebuild or use as a core swap!

4.0 brackets of similar years should work just fine, I know the front end of my engine has a few random 4.0 parts (they're easier to find... mostly).

good luck, and I'll let you know if I find anything I can send out to you 

YJ KiD

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »
yeah i understand there are things u shouldn't buy at a yard but some people do not always have the means to buy new partshence why i was at the yard .....

thanks for the site i'll check it out tonight appreciate the thought and the 4.0 info

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:28:49 PM »
i've seen rads on ebay that were new and quite cheap (don't want to make a mistake but from what i remember was around $60 for one with plastic tanks) - not sure how much the wreck place charged you for the one you got.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

YJ KiD

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:15 PM »
o that one was years ago  and went into a CJ i had when i was 16 almost a decade ago .....  wow now i feel old

YJ KiD

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 02:10:12 PM »
yeah that is what i am trying to avoid (getting burned)been watching craigslist and almost anything i find is for a 4.0 but i'l keep looking thanks for the adviceand i have found some things on Ebay

Jesse-James

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »
Radiator barn. all metal 2 row is about $150 shipped IIRC

Banshee600

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 09:27:06 PM »
a new rad is 100 to 150 replaced mine with a brand new one for 90 bucks my cost

SDWE61988

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 12:28:39 PM »
What other parts do you need at this point?   I just finished dropping another engine in my YJ and have some various parts leftover that I stripped off the old engine before pitching it.  PM  me and let me know.  If you cover the shipping you can pretty much have the parts you need. 

YJ KiD

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
sorry my computer has been down i got it running thanks to everyone for ideas and offers . . . .once again i can say that jeep people stick together

thanks again