Author Topic: Code 52  (Read 2544 times)

Torch_Ind

Re: Code 52
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 07:46:14 PM »
did you check your fuel pressure? check for the prob I asked you to check yet?

and it will take a little bit for that code to come back!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:47:55 PM by Torch_Ind »

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »
check the fuel pressure - you can install one of the small fuel gauges permanently on the schraeder valve - the gauge i'm talking about is 0 to 100psi and i think it's 1.5'' in diameter, the thread on it is (if i remember correctly) 1/8'' NPT; you need a -4 AN female to 1/8'' NPT female adapter, take out the valve in the fuel rail (the one that looks just like the tire valve) and screw in the gauge with the adapter on it to the fuel rail - you will need teflon tape on the gauge thread but not on the fuel rail schreader valve thread, it will probably cost you about $25 in total (even less if you shop around for the gauge) and it's a good thing to have for a quick check. I have a braided hose there going inside the cabin with an autometer gauge, i love it, my FPR died ones (i was getting 45psi at idle instead of 31 and the I could see that right away, makes it lot easier to also figure out if you're not getting enough fuel due to plugged filter or bad pump). in your case (i think you have a TJ) the fuel pressure should be 49psi at wot (not sure how the return valve works on TJs if there is a vac port or not, but with the vac port disconnected or at WOT should be 49 if I remember correctly).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

jcsanders79

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »
I have a TJ and I was getting a O2 sensor code and ended up replacing the O2 sensor, spark plugs, Crank Position Sensor and finally got rid of it with the Cam Position Sensor.  I nice code reader can really help.  Auto zones suck they just kept telling me I needed a new O2 sensor.  I bet I never did, I know I needed the CPS but it wasn't until I got professional help that the light disapeared.