Author Topic: Hood scoops  (Read 2596 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
Re: Hood scoops
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 11:11:56 AM »
If you pull the grill and cover off the cowl youll find a plastic "bucket" under there that is very flimsy. It can get misaligned and the water will go past it. I just had to push mine to the correct position and problem solved. I think a stick had gotten through from a limb and pushed it to the side. When I was running a woods trail.

If you have water on both sides its often the windshield gasket between the frame and tub.

Dave

thanks, i'll give it a shot.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
Re: Hood scoops
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
i think i have my leak issues sorted but i need some help from you guys. passenger side is from the upper part of the window-its a half door and i just put in a new top and uppers, the gasket wasnt pressed hard enough against the frame-i bent it a bit back and now it should solve that.  as for my DRIVER side leak-last rain storm i tracked the water trail which runs forward close to-but not against-the left side of the body, all the way forward near the firewall. there seems to be a plug a few inches above that area. anyone know where this leads to or what could be causing the water to drip down there? this is on the drivers side.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it