Author Topic: Stupid Jeep, Part 23  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
Re: Stupid Jeep, Part 23
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 03:08:47 PM »
Hah...I just sent an email to HPA asking when their TJ TDI conversion will be available.....would love the mileage...would prefer more power...LOVE the fact that no one else within 1,000 miles would have it (I need to be special.... :biggrin:)
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 04:05:04 PM »
Hah...I just sent an email to HPA asking when their TJ TDI conversion will be available.....would love the mileage...would prefer more power...LOVE the fact that no one else within 1,000 miles would have it (I need to be special.... :biggrin:)

Being special is good and bad. Not having someone else with knowledge or spare parts is bad. Everything else is good.

An oil burner would be   :smokes:
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 08:35:10 AM »
Well...went to pick up the Jeep yesterday...put it in gear and it didn't move.  That's when we realized that in his haste to get it back in, he forgot to use my output shaft from my old t-case in place if the 4.0L one that was in the one we swapped in.  Apparantly, different spline counts mean the transmission won't really connect with the t-case... :whistle:

No big deal...easy swap and going to pick it up this morning.

Other good news...since I was dropped off there by a co-worker, my mechanic loaned me his daughter's 1998 XJ Classic to get home and back....and it's for sale....I think I may have found my third vehicle.

231k on the odometer, but he fixed it up with a new alternator, brakes, tune-up...ran great on the way home....just needs some minor body fixes.   It was nice being in a Jeep and having the 4.0 on the freeway.

For $1500, not sure I can pass it up...it's a Jeep, has 4WD and works....and I couldn't find another one comparable to it for less than $2,100.   :clap:

I'll decide this week when I get back from NYC.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 10:36:49 AM »
Well...went to pick up the Jeep yesterday...put it in gear and it didn't move.  That's when we realized that in his haste to get it back in, he forgot to use my output shaft from my old t-case in place if the 4.0L one that was in the one we swapped in.  Apparantly, different spline counts mean the transmission won't really connect with the t-case... :whistle:

No big deal...easy swap and going to pick it up this morning.

Other good news...since I was dropped off there by a co-worker, my mechanic loaned me his daughter's 1998 XJ Classic to get home and back....and it's for sale....I think I may have found my third vehicle.

231k on the odometer, but he fixed it up with a new alternator, brakes, tune-up...ran great on the way home....just needs some minor body fixes.   It was nice being in a Jeep and having the 4.0 on the freeway.

For $1500, not sure I can pass it up...it's a Jeep, has 4WD and works....and I couldn't find another one comparable to it for less than $2,100.   :clap:

I'll decide this week when I get back from NYC.

was the engine o/hauled - if not you'll need one soon (231k is quite a bit).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »
Have had the Jeep back for almost a week now and it is running great. Speedo is working again....just need to wire in the pulse modulator to the new speed sensor to correct the speed...too cold out to do it now.

I you are considering an SYE, go with JB Conversions...I think the TeraFlex one may have been where my failure occured.