Author Topic: Zone 4" lift?  (Read 2376 times)

4BangerTJ

Zone 4" lift?
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
So I'm planning on ordering my lift this friday when I get paid and I am trying to do a decent lift without breaking the bank. So with that being said I have elminated the ome, teraflex, currie, etc style lifts as they just carry too high of a price for an entry level guy like myself. I am leaning toward the zone 4" lift fr 529 s it seems to get good reviews and from what I have heard they are made by BDS. Anyone have this lift? Ay opinions or reviews or pics? Any advice? Thanks.

4BangerTJ

Re: Zone 4" lift?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »
Anybody?

knotts89

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:58:48 AM »
i put it on my jeep a couple months ago and i personally think it rides better than stock. havent had a chance to try it off road yet, and it wont to hard to put on just make sure u have decent drill bits

4BangerTJ

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:33 AM »
do you have any pics?

knotts89

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:23:33 AM »
 src="http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/knott89/jeep/074.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">[/url]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:25:04 AM by knotts89 »

knotts89

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »
 src="http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/knott89/jeep/018.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">[/url]
src="http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m528/knott89/jeep/094.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">[/url]
after

knotts89

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 07:32:01 AM »
hope this help bud

Offline jagular7

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:01 PM »
With a TJ, be concerned of the angles of the control arms/track bars and their length. The more you lift vertically, the more the stock arms/bars move the axles around. This is due to the rigid length of the arms/bars. Going with adjustable helps bring the geometry of the axles back to stock tolerances. Many adjustables are also designed for articulation and clearance for the axle brackets.

Track bars maintain the axles centered under the frame laterally. The control arms locate the axle longitudinal.
Wanting 4" of lift, I would look for a lift with adjustable control arms and track bars. This is best. To add, with a used vehicle, lift will show worn out stock bushings rather easily. With that amount of lift, you'll be dropping the tcase for better driveline operating angles and to minimize vibes. SYE is a fix for that, as well as a MML. The MML may not eliminate all the issues at the 4" lift height.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

4BangerTJ

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 06:01:53 AM »
Yes I do plan on all that as this is just a start cause after buying wheels tires a winch and just buying this jeep a month ago I'm on a budget. The kits with the adjustable arms are twice the price so my plan is to eventually buy just some adjustable contrl arms all the way around and trac bars to upgrade it as well as the sye but this is at least a start. The zone kit dos come with cam bolts for the rear to help with th pinion angle some. Its either this kit or the rough country.

knotts89

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »
dont no about the rc kit but i have no problems with my zone kit i plan on putting the quick disco on soon so i can try it out

4BangerTJ

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 06:32:58 PM »
How do the shocks ride? Stiff, soft? Heres where I'm at. The rough country I was trying to avoid as it has had many mixed reviews. Ever seems to hate the stock shocks that come with it and the 2.2s for 100 upgraded get mixed reviews. Some say they are too hard some love them. Also the bushings in the control arms were rubber and wear out fast. The zone I have not see any bad reviews but haven't run across enough people using it to really know for sure. Now I foun out the RC lift went to clevite bushings and a new 2.0 shock upgrade that is supposed to bea tad softer but isn't  out for two more weeks. So since I'm in no hurry I'm gonna wat 3 weeks to see what people say of the new shocks and see if I can get more info on what kind of bushings the zone lift has and how good the shocks are.

Offline jagular7

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
Piecing together is what I did. I added Unlimited Rubicon coil springs which gave me some lift. Then added 2" poly spacers. With the spacers, got 4-6" lift shocks, adjustable front track bar, adjustable front lower control arms, and adjustable rear upper control arms. Put on 1.25 bl and 1" mml. Had it that way for little more than 8 months. Put 34" LTBs on. Over another year, added Currie steering, adjustable front upper control arms., broke D35 and replaced it with 8.8, added adjustable rear lower control arms and adjustable rear track bar. Added ACOS front spacers for the winch and bumper and basically balance out the Jeep.
1.5 yrs ago put on 35" KM2s. Haven't done much else and time wise, its been about 6 yrs. Just keep wheeling it.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s