Author Topic: Articulation and shocks.  (Read 695 times)

Csechols

Articulation and shocks.
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »
I just got doing a spring over in the front of my yj. The rear is still sua since i have an 8.8 and cant afford a new driveshaft and yoke slip eliminator right now .. my front shocks have about 3 or 3.5 inches of travel untill they bottom out upwords .. im wondering if - when the shocks bottoms  out does the axle still continue to travel up? Or does it stop as soon as the shock cant travel up anymore? i havent had time to test it and im wondering if i should build new shock mounts... i used the ubolt plates were the sway bar used to connect as shock mounts... The front end on this things can drop so far.. i love it.!

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Articulation and shocks.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
I just got doing a spring over in the front of my yj. The rear is still sua since i have an 8.8 and cant afford a new driveshaft and yoke slip eliminator right now .. my front shocks have about 3 or 3.5 inches of travel untill they bottom out upwords .. im wondering if - when the shocks bottoms  out does the axle still continue to travel up? Or does it stop as soon as the shock cant travel up anymore? i havent had time to test it and im wondering if i should build new shock mounts... i used the ubolt plates were the sway bar used to connect as shock mounts... The front end on this things can drop so far.. i love it.!

if your shock is bottoming out the axle won't go anywhere past that point, same for extending, the shock travel will limit both your uptravel and droop (but i take that one is fine). you can actually break something and probably damage the shocks if they bottom out on street driving (on bumps and such when you travel at speed as in not crawling).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end