Author Topic: please chime in if running 33's or 35's with auto and 4.56 gears  (Read 3891 times)

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
Re: please chime in if running 33's or 35's with auto and 4.56 gears
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 07:17:18 AM »
Thanks for the update. So do you have enough power now to hold 65 up hills or do you kind of get a running start? I haven't done anything and I may not...I like having overdrive on flat or down hill and when I think about it I can climb steep hills in 3rd at 65 without winding it out too bad. It's always going to be a compromise for me with such a big gap between 3rd and 4th no matter what. Even if I regeared to 4.88 and stayed on 31s it would help me use od more but 3rd would wind out quicker. Think I just need to get used to what I have but I like knowing I could go to 33s and forget about od as an option.
Thanks again for update...glad you like it!
I feel like i have enough power to stay at 60-65 on hills. There is a nice scenic parkway right by me which has some pretty steep climbs throughout. I need to put some miles on the gears before I drain the fluid out so I'll prob take a ride through there and see how she does on the hills.
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it