Author Topic: Coolant Boiling  (Read 3323 times)

Saggy

Re: Coolant Boiling
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:03 AM »
I took a closer look at the neck last night.  I have no idea how it happened, but it is beat to hell.  Something must have fallen directly on the cap at some point when the hood was up.

I beat it around a little bit and got the leak down to just a pin prick.  Only a couple drops of coolant drip out after a pretty good amount of time.  But at this point a couple drops is way too much.  If I never see another drop of coolant leak from this thing it will be too soon.  I'm sooo done with the cooling system.

Ordered another radiator.  Should be on next weekend.

Thanks to all for the help!

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 09:03:33 AM »
good that you figured it out in the end - until the new rad comes in you can always put some rtv there and let it set for couple of hours, is not permanent but can get you around until you replace it
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Saggy

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 09:13:41 AM »
That's a great idea.  I'll see if it works.  I kind of...umm...beat the piss out of it trying to get the last little leak out of it.  I got the outer lip perfectly formed but that elongated the inner hole.  My patience was gone around 2am.  I maybe could have exercised a little more...finesse.   :guns:

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 09:15:31 AM »
Glad to hear it will all be resolved soon.
'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch