Author Topic: anybody in lower pa or upper md?  (Read 1379 times)

YJmechanic

anybody in lower pa or upper md?
« on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:07 AM »
Heard of a  Small trail in delta/airville pa area, just curious if anyone's been there or know of it, love to have a play area closer than rousche creak to go to

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Re: anybody in lower pa or upper md?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »
Heard of a  Small trail in delta/airville pa area, just curious if anyone's been there or know of it, love to have a play area closer than rousche creak to go to

I went to College in Baltimore, but at the time, I was more interested in bars and less interested in trails and Jeeps...  Sorry!
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

YJmechanic

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »
haha cant blame you for that,  i have been researching it all day and as far as i can see its a public road that has just never been paved and the parts people are using as a trail are just access parts that arent used.  sounds like its legal. found multiple people  that have been there and the most ive heard is people saying sometimes there is no trespassing signs up at one part but to ignore them because it is known to the locals that a near by resident puts them up on a section that is open to the public to try to trick people to stay away,  even though its not his land to control.  i may just go check it out and see what i can see

Offline jagular7

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
Check with 4wd clubs and their rides/schedules for locations. You may even show up for one of their trailrides for the comraderie. Also check with United 4WD Association. They list 4wd clubs.

I lived around DC back in the 90s, member of Baltimore 4Wheelers and started Off-Camber Crawlers (DC metro area). There are a lot of forest road closings, and a lot of private ORV parks that opened since then.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

SDWE61988

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:14:34 AM »
I have not heard of this place.  I would be interested in it, (If I ever get my rig running again)  I went out to Greenbriiar(?) last with some guys with Baltimore 4 wheelers as a guest.  I enjoyed it and would like to join the club, if I can get the time.

YJmechanic

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:21:36 AM »
Yeah I'm gonna go check it out, I did a lot of research and what I came up with is its a gov access road that is legal to be on but it is near some homes and everyone is trying to keep it as little advertised as possible because if lots of people use it on a normal basis they think the home owners will complain and get it shut down, so its ok but they just don't want lots of people on it in big groups or someone will step in and close it, some guys have even talked to the residents and they don't care as long as it doesn't turn into huge groups and people acting stupid so ill check it out at some point and let u know

Offline lokitim

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
You're looking for Susquehanna Trails, off of 851, above Delta, PA. You will have to ask locals (try the Delta Family Restaraunt at Rte 74 & 851- good food & may be of help) once you get close, was there a few years ago & can't remember exact road name. It is a county road to some cabins in the area. It is a pretty cool road/trail with some technical areas. Good Luck..
1993 YJ, 4cyl, AX15 5spd,  J20 3/4 ton axles, SOA with stock springs, disc brakes on all fours, hi-steer, flat tops,33x12.50 General Grabbers on beadlocks,Warn Front Bumper, Smittybilt w/swing away tire mount rear bumper, custom Hi-Lift Mount, Bedliner interior & body sides, Flush mount tail/backups