Author Topic: Annoying Noise  (Read 1000 times)

jazzplr

Annoying Noise
« on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:46 PM »
My '94 YJ is making a strange whirring noise when going over 40MPH.  I'm certain it's related to outside air entering the interior somewhere in the front since I don't hear it if there is a strong tailwind.  It sounds like it's coming from the right side under the dash.  It doesn't matter if I have the heater controls on heat or vent it still makes the sound at faster speeds.  Does anyone have any ideas?

YJmechanic

Annoying Noise
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:26:49 PM »
windshield gasket maybe  there is a gasket at the seem where the windshield folds down.

Offline chardrc

Annoying Noise
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 02:47:46 PM »
Quote from: "YJmechanic"
windshield gasket maybe  there is a gasket at the seem where the windshield folds down.

if thats the problem you can tell if you drive throw a heavy rain and if water starts runign down the dash... thats what happend to my jeep when the last user had it abnd he didnt do anything about it so now my dash is rusty and i have wireing problems..

the leson here is that if thats the problem fix it or dont drive int eh rain.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

jazzplr

Annoying Noise
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 06:59:05 PM »
OK, there's rain in the forcast so I'll keep an eye on that.  I've had my YJ for about three weeks now and we haven't had any significant rain yet.  Could it be something with the heater/vent system not closing a vent door or something?

Tall Boy

Annoying Noise
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 11:18:10 PM »
wash your jeep dude !!!