Author Topic: HEY 2.4L GUYS READ THIS AND REPLY  (Read 2260 times)

zeitlerusmc

HEY 2.4L GUYS READ THIS AND REPLY
« on: October 02, 2006, 01:30:38 PM »
Any of you cats with a 2.4l 4 cylinder try putting some after market plugs and plug wires on your motor, if so did it make any diffrence?. I was looking into getting some aftermarket plugs and wires but I'm not sure it would be cost effective, meaning if that small of a mod would really make a noticable increase of power. any input is appreciated.

Liljeepz

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »
I do!
I did!
&
It did!

But that was coming from bad wires/plugs so even stock plugs would have made a difference. It did seem to be more powerful than before tho.... I got the Bosch+4 and the top Bosch wires.

j-freak153

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 08:42:34 PM »
i regapped my old champion plugs, and got 9mm wires and it made a difference....quicker throttle response...

zeitlerusmc

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:55:59 PM »
on a 2.4l or a 2.5l ? what year is your jeep

YJmechanic

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »
bigger wires will make a differance but only with more spark as in larger spark gap and larger coil.  the 2.4 motor is not a torqe motor,this is the flaq with it being jeeps.  if you open it up  ( exhaust, intake, etc..)  then at high rpm's it will have power but still lack the low end so you need to compensate with gears.  they wil make the most power for your application.

zeitlerusmc

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:12 PM »
I've done the basics, airaid cold air intake, and flowmaster super 40 series, exhaust and it did some good, but i'm only an e-3 in the Marine Corps so i get paid about 850 every two  weeks so regearing for now is on the back burner and i have been looking in other directions to  get a little more out of the 2.4l. Is there a company that makes a aftermarket coil for the 2.4l if so  send me a link i have never seen one, but i have never researched it either!

justin_aka_spike

yep
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 04:30:23 PM »
yeah got new plugs platnium 4's work awesome,

DemonicHuey

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 06:06:06 AM »
plat 4's work like a charm with the larger wires.It has a quick response and a hellof a better response to overdrive in my automatic. But the best part is after 5,000 miles i pulled them, took a look and threw them right back in. They looked good as new. The rumor is that they run HOT and burn out quickly but i wont go to anything else.