Author Topic: Come Vote for my 4 Banger!!!!!!!!  (Read 2653 times)

Air Sierra

Come Vote for my 4 Banger!!!!!!!!
« on: May 25, 2007, 09:03:33 AM »
Sign up and Vote for my 4 Banger..Help out a fellow Angry Squirrel Pilot!!!!   8)    http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9347

dunklervogel

Re: Come Vote for my 4 Banger!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:13:43 PM »

Care to let us in on your turbo 2.4 job?  How did you go about doing it and how is the performance?  There has been discussion about turbos but not many people actually have done it.

But that aside, I'll vote for a fellow 4banger :)

Offline chardrc

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »
ok i voted.. now for this turbo info...
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Air Sierra

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »
Let me write everything down tonight with the help of a couple of ice cold beer.. and I will post up a thread on it with pics.

Does anybody have a 2.4L turbo in a jeep at all???

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 08:07:22 PM »
No not yet but would like to add a turbo to my little yellow 2.4l . It could use a little more oomp on the freeway

Art
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Air Sierra

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »
how about 80 to 100 more hp under the hood?

Liljeepz

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »
I have been waiting for 2 things before I do it, my warranty to expire, and to grow enough balls to tell my wife I want to rip apart my Good engine to make it "better"
The warranty thing is easier than the wife thing. :wall:

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 02:38:49 AM »
Sounds good, pictures please?

Art
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

wrangler387

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »
he put a pt cruiser 2.4L turbo set-up in his jeep. I remember his thread from another forum, did you ever get it tuned sierra? I like how he is using a water-air intercooler, better then the saab blackstone intercooler i'l be rocking next month.

Air Sierra

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 09:13:38 AM »
he put a pt cruiser 2.4L turbo set-up in his jeep. I remember his thread from another forum, did you ever get it tuned sierra? I like how he is using a water-air intercooler, better then the saab blackstone intercooler i'l be rocking next month.

Yes this is correct.........I used the water to air intercooler so at low MPH speeds and high RPM on the trail the water to air intercooler will work better becuase there would not be enough air movement with a air/air cooler..Plus on the jeep its easer to install due to the fact there is now air/air intercooler that would real fit with out tons of changes. I just installed a Tranmission cooler in front of the radiator a big one a 26,000GVW one from summint installed a over flow bottle and a 12V water pump to move the water and it works great! Take a little time to get all of the air out of the system but it works great..

Couple of days left on the Poll go and sign up and vote for my jeep please!!!

officer mike

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 07:00:55 PM »
Hey Air Sierra.. What transmission are you running? thanks Mike

Air Sierra

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »
I'm running the factory 5-speed.   Did you sign up under reno 4x4?    If you did I sent A pm I thought you were my buddie that was changing his user name.....sorry wrong person

officer mike

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
I did sign up and I did vote for your jeep. So that would be an AX5? and did the pt cruiser motor just bolt right up to that tranny? Did you have to change the bell housing? Thanks again Mike

Air Sierra

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »
I did sign up and I did vote for your jeep. So that would be an AX5? and did the pt cruiser motor just bolt right up to that tranny? Did you have to change the bell housing? Thanks again Mike

No I tried to change motors and run the PT motor but the are some differences it can be down you would have to strip it down to a long block and change all the parts like oil pan etc. etc......plus the boss's for mounting the engine mounts is different too.....there not all there on the PT motor.
So I just installed all the Turbo parts from the PT motor onto my jeep 2.4l The avenger superchargers are running around 6-8i with no problems and this what im running to the stock pt runs about 10-12 psi. I bumped my psi up to those numbers and its real fast around town but does not run good down the highway. So I keep the psi right at 6-8. I have a adjustiable boost controller so I can up the boost so the turbo kicks in at lower RPM (for the trail) or reduce the boost for highway speeds on the fly........

officer mike

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 12:16:37 AM »
nice, real nice. I have the 2.5 though. . still might do something though