Author Topic: Auto Transmission Slipping  (Read 537 times)

jcsanders79

Auto Transmission Slipping
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:56:38 AM »
Have any of you with an auto transmission had slippage when on a steep incline.  I had a real bad problem with it recently and I thought that my fluid was low but it wasn't (I know the trans is fine its been rebuilt recently).  On flat ground I have had no problems just steep inclines.  I have to buy a new oil pan for the trans anyway (because the edge is bent so bad that I can't get it to stop leaking) so I was thinking about one of these  http://www.moabjeeper.com/articles/general/listing.cfm?articleID=286 Anyone got one, do you like it?  I know the article says its a good product but I would like to get some feed back from

dunklervogel

Re: Auto Transmission Slipping
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »
I have a manual tranny but I have heard with the auto on steep inclines the stock oil pan isn't deep enough and slippage sometimes occurs.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »
I have an auto trans and sometimes have the same problem. If you replace the oil pan get a higher capacity/deeper one. The oil is flowing away from the pickup on the incline and then you get slippage.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:28:35 PM »
Hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it on the trail a lot.  Get the high capacity pan and it'll help keep the tranny from starving for fluid.