Author Topic: Head Units  (Read 3030 times)

Torch_Ind

Re: Head Units
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »
I really like my 30mm ammo can tho as a center counsil

:thumb:

drunkencityworker

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 05:16:24 AM »
Ok new marine head unit i got is toast already.
Has anyone here used the waterproof amp to run an ipod type system. I have had it with tunes issues and  sick of replacing crap.  Basically a 100w ppyle waterproof amp i will run to my 6x9s aand control volume directly on ipod. Anybody done this have good ideas for mounting areas . Any and all input greatly appreciated...

drunkencityworker

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »
Chicago radio sucks as it is and also looking into an xm walkman type device that I would plug into headphone jack and the waterproof amp would push through my 6x9s. Anybody have any advice on these type devices...what to stay away from???

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=portable+xm&hl=en&pwst=1&prmd=ivns&biw=1337&bih=637&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=6148514440761749083&sa=X&ei=QV20TZqJI6L50gGMofTWCQ&ved=0CG4Q8wIwAA#

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »
Ok new marine head unit i got is toast already.
Has anyone here used the waterproof amp to run an ipod type system. I have had it with tunes issues and  sick of replacing crap.  Basically a 100w ppyle waterproof amp i will run to my 6x9s aand control volume directly on ipod. Anybody done this have good ideas for mounting areas . Any and all input greatly appreciated...

JP magazine did an article a while back in which they just put a headphone jack on the dash, and ran it into a marine amp and to a pair of speakers.  They used an iPod, but I would go with something that does not use a hard drive (solid state memory will not be affected by bumps and such).  I know Sony makes a splash proof walkman that will take rain with no problems, and others have units you can literally submerge, so you can take your pick...  As far as the amps go, they are NOT submergeable (sp?), so it's better to put them in a pleace where the are the least likely to get splashed (if you take out the stereo, and the amp is not that big, I see no reason why you cant put it where the head unit would go with a plastic plate to hide it.
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost