Author Topic: 90 Valve Cover Grommet  (Read 533 times)

scottthomp

90 Valve Cover Grommet
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:07:26 PM »
Does anyone know where you can get the rear valve cover grommet shown here:  http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/scottthomp/Jeep/S7002377.jpg

It is not the pcv grommet.  It is for the cover vent that then runs a tube back to the air box.  The hole in the valve cover is 1" and the ID of the grommet is .50".  Mine is ruined and I cannot find another.

Offline chardrc

Re: 90 Valve Cover Grommet
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »
when i got my jeep i replaced the valve cover and was never able to get the correct grommet for that, would end up with a grommet that either fit the valve cover right or the plastic filter box right (the thing you described has a bunch of filter elements in it as i found when mine fell apart).. anyways since then i have now found a parts catalog... looks like it should be part number "5300 4721" can't guarantee as the catalog is also for Cherokees which used a different crank case ventilation system... but it also has all the parts for yjs....
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

scottthomp

Re: 90 Valve Cover Grommet
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:17:18 AM »
Thanks for the info.  A quick search for this led me to the OEM part number 33001237.  All of the major jeep part and accessory stores have it as well.  It's on order.  I will confirm it is the correct one once I receive it just so anyone can reference this in the future.