Author Topic: radiator problem  (Read 737 times)

knotts89

radiator problem
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »
Last year i flushed my radiator three times with the stuff you pour in your radiator because my fluid had a brownish color to it each time and every time i flushed it this muddish looking stuff would always come to the top. I took it to my mechanic the other week to have him check it out because its still doing it and he back flushed it and everything said small chunks came out of it and it was pretty brown. Then he filled it with water and high powered cleaner and had me drive it for a couple days and bring it back so he could flush it again. He said it was still a little dirty and flushed it again and filled it with fluid. He told me he thinks its oil mixing in with it what do you guys think? The jeep is running fine and showing no oil loss on the dipstick. thanks for the help

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: radiator problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:07:43 PM »
the oil would rise on top in the radiator eventually (if you let it sit) so drive it for a while and then check. it would be oily so easy to tell, would help if you post pictures so we can see what it looks like.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end