Author Topic: RC Lift Kit  (Read 911 times)

skibum

RC Lift Kit
« on: May 07, 2011, 07:05:59 AM »
I just bought a new in the box RC 3 1/4" lift kit for my wife's new 2006 TJ off of Craigslist.  Picked it up last night and get it home and it's for a 1997-2002 4 banger TJ.  Unfortunately, the wife's rig is a 2006 4 banger TJ.  Aside from the engine and tranny combo, is there any real difference in these vehicles that might effect the suspension?  I can't imagine why this wouldn't work in her Jeep.  Teach me to pay more attention next time I guess.  Any help would be appreciated.  I will call RC on Monday but I was hoping to start the install today.  Thanks.  :stupid:

Offline grumpygy

Re: RC Lift Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 10:02:10 AM »
Just looked at their web site and they do not list separate years just 97-2006.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
If the lift is all suspension, should be the same.  If it incorporates any amount of body lift, there might be slight changes in accessory routing but the body mounts are the same.

skibum

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 10:18:12 AM »
Turns out you've got to add the lift kit to your shopping cart on their website and then it asks you about 1997-2002 or 2003-2006.  Hmmmmmm.  Anyway, had a nice long chat with their customer service guy (thanks Mitch) and it turns out the only difference is in the t-case drop hardware.  Since I'm going to use the full 3 1/4" up front (to compensate for the winch) and the 2 1/2" out back he said it would work no problem.  Let the build begin.  :biggrin:

Offline aparke4

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
I know the spring rates for the 4 cyl and 6 are different but lift coils and Spacers will work for all tj's.
I have the same lift and love it. 2.5 coils with 3/4 spacers front and rear.
Obviously for the 4 banger paired with teraflex nitro shocks. On the firm side due to progressive coils but handles great for a jeep. Much better at absorbing bumps in the road than stock and flexes very well. I have re fixed arms with flex joints and the rc adjustable track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. Very easy lift to install. I had to get slightly longer lower arms because I had death wobble even after alignment. Every jeep is different but I would recommend longer lowers with 3.25 lift.