Author Topic: how come my 95 jeep is bogging down?  (Read 8348 times)

Offline brokenwrist21

Re: how come my 95 jeep is bogging down?
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2011, 09:05:06 PM »
mine had the same symptoms a couple years ago on the way to work, all of sudden wouldnt accelerate, then it suddenly would, with a massive back fire, i figured either my cat fell apart inside and was blocking exhausr flow or my muffler fell apart inside and was blocking exhaust flow. either way, after it didt that it drove fine, finally replaced the cat and muffler, drives even better now
'93 yj 4in rubicon express lift, 33" bfg mud terrains, yella terra roller rockers, 4.0l throttle body, rv cam, k&n air filter, yukon axles and gears, detroit locker, aluminum radiator, msd 8.5mm super conductor wires, full syn. fluids.

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Re: how come my 95 jeep is bogging down?
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
mine had the same symptoms a couple years ago on the way to work, all of sudden wouldnt accelerate, then it suddenly would, with a massive back fire, i figured either my cat fell apart inside and was blocking exhausr flow or my muffler fell apart inside and was blocking exhaust flow. either way, after it didt that it drove fine, finally replaced the cat and muffler, drives even better now

I had similar symptoms a couple of times, and both times it ended up being the coil...
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost