Author Topic: oem or after market  (Read 1737 times)

minespath

Re: oem or after market
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 01:23:14 PM »
well seem like the pik up is better and i cruise at 70-75 at 3000rpm  with my 3 speed auto and 456 gears ,im happy,the  makes its sound like i have a v8,not at all ricey  louder than stock ,but not to bad ,for me was worth the trade off
plus i got a really blinged out  muffler tip lol,cant wait to get it in the mud

Torch_Ind

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »
well seem like the pik up is better and i cruise at 70-75 at 3000rpm  with my 3 speed auto and 456 gears ,im happy,the  makes its sound like i have a v8,not at all ricey  louder than stock ,but not to bad ,for me was worth the trade off
plus i got a really blinged out  muffler tip lol,cant wait to get it in the mud

:thumb:

I love the sound of the 4banger with a good exhaust on it.. they do sound v8 like slightly.  on a run were we had the London Ontario jeep group up when I had ran out of washer fluid I hoped out to fill it and as soon as I opened my hood one of them ran as fast as they could to see what I had in it because he though I had a small 8cld lol.  he said wow that sounds good for a 4cld.!!! 

Torch_Ind

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 05:03:23 PM »
I'm not looking to hijack the thread with debate, it's only that the statement had been on my mind for the past week & when you said you were 'for' it, I had hoped maybe you had some reasoning that I myself didn't know about.

As for the mention of emergency vehicle's sirens, they project sound forward instead of backward, and hopefully that emergency responder isn't out-driving the siren.

ya no prob I know your just asking and the sirens are still loud noise regardless of the direction it's facing to gain attention of people around them.