Author Topic: Help Identifying Fuel Injector  (Read 1552 times)

Offline grumpygy

Help Identifying Fuel Injector
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
In another topic I thought I had some 24 LB injectors by their color.  But was told that they could not haver been since they are 4 hole.  In that topic I said they had no Markings, well the one I looked at and had inside had none.

On the others they are marked  on the plastic part they have5130 and on the other side RIN-939.  That help with the Identification.

With them in it was really running rich.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:53:17 PM by grumpygy »
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
Re: Help Identifying Fuel Injector
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »
In another topic I thought I had some 24 LB injectors by their color.  But was told that they could not haver been since they are 4 hole.  

i actually never said that - what i said was that the one you are comparing yours with is a pintle design and therefore is not the same, it has nothing to do with static flow rating just that is not relevant since is not the same injector.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »
OK so with the numbers I provided like you said stamped in the plastic what are they.  Not meaning to sound so pissed.  Just the one in the FAQ is different how ans they look just the same.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:36:14 PM by grumpygy »

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 04:26:43 PM »
OK so with the numbers I provided like you said stamped in the plastic what are they.  Not meaning to sound so pissed.  Just the one in the FAQ is different how ans they look just the same.

the one in the FAQ is a Bosch injector, the ones you have are something else (based on your clarification on the p/n which you said reads RIN-939 5130), so regardless of how they look, what color they are and if they fit or not they are different. You will find a lot of injectors from different manufacturers out there, some have them in different color combination based on model and designation, some are the same color across the board regardless of the flow or other characteristics - the way they look is no indication of any specs unless you're sure of the vehicle they are for or cross-reference part number from the manufacturer's catalog (what is the manufacturer of these btw?). Since they are new just take them back to the store and ask them as to what vehicle these are for.

Again, the way an injector looks on the outside (color, size, connector) does not guarantee or indicate the flow, impedance, design (disk/pintle), spray cone characteristics and atomization, recommended operating pressure, etc - hope this helps.

'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 04:47:49 PM »
Checked all 4 and that info is all there is on it.  No Idea on manufacture.  Its been to long to recheck the ad from E-bay where I got them.

Have to add this was on the reciept.

Ford Motorsport Fuel injector 19 lb 4 hole 0280150943 (320650582614)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:50:36 PM by grumpygy »

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »
Checked all 4 and that info is all there is on it.  No Idea on manufacture.  Its been to long to recheck the ad from E-bay where I got them.

Have to add this was on the reciept.

Ford Motorsport Fuel injector 19 lb 4 hole 0280150943 (320650582614)

Guangzhou Yongjian Auto parts Co., ltd is a professional manufacturer and exporter of all sorts of electrical devices of auto parts for more than 10 years. With well-equipped testing equipment and strong technical force, our factory has ability to research and develop new products to meet the demand of market. Moreover, most of customers think high of our products because of best price and high quality.
Our main products are: air flow meter. ignition coil. fuel injector. crankshaft sensor. ...

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
Yep, I was just getting ready to post that link.. Had just found it a few seconds ago.  May have to give them another try later after I burn some more fuel and change out the fuel filter.

Do you think these are 19Lb.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 05:24:23 PM »
Yep, I was just getting ready to post that link.. Had just found it a few seconds ago.  May have to give them another try later after I burn some more fuel and change out the fuel filter.

Do you think these are 19Lb.

i don't know, it's hard to tell - the seller thinks so, but they are listed as replacement and not new (they were used).  I would contact the seller - seems that you purchased them on March 25, little over 2 months ago.

he says: "These were new replecement for yellow top injectors and only used for a very short time.  All of our used injectors have been removed from running vehicles and individually hand inspected for damage so you know you are getting a good product!"

so question is why were they removed, were these put on as an upgrade for more flow? how does he know they are direct replacement for the Bosch part number he listed (where did he get that information)? are they high impedance? (just so you know you won't fry the PCM)

i can keep going.

To be honest i would just get some that you know they are good.

FourbangerYJ has used some design III ford injectors with good results - hopefully he'll chime in and share the P/N so we know the specs are 100% accurate.

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
My luck with used injectors has not been good. They seem to clog and give me a Check engine code, and runs like  :crap: when it happens.

Grumpy-I don't know if they are 19# or not. They are a design II. I always looked for the design III. The 19# are yellow.
To be perfectly honest I put the stock injectors back in. I have Sharps FPR set at 43.5# and it runs like a dream!
I can check and see if I have any in the garage if your interested. I'll make you a sweet deal! But they will need to be professionally cleaned. If I have them there are 8 of them, but at least 2 of them are clogged or not working right. (I might of tossed them) let me know and I can look. I know I have some 21# injectors that I bought brand new. You can use Sharps FPR and turn down the pressure. I can make you a deal on those too if your interested.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 08:34:27 PM »
No I have some more coming in.  Thanks anyway.

Just reread the Ad  I thought they were new Unused.

A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging

That is what I read.  But see what was written below that. :brick:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:37:26 PM by grumpygy »

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 05:15:44 PM »
Well for the fun of it I put them back in. They work great it was my coil causing all the problems.