Author Topic: Has anyone changed to a different camshaft?  (Read 13687 times)

YJmechanic

Re: Has anyone changed to a different camshaft?
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2011, 07:53:44 AM »
sounds like you should just get in contact with clifford performance in california.  they could have answered all your questions and got you what you needed in 10 mins.  they sell everthing in perfromace cam kits.  you can have them make any cam you want and advise tou through what would work best for you and set you up with what you need.  remember that the new cam is going to cause more pressure on those valve parts and that why you should replace your stock components. 

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
sounds like you should just get in contact with clifford performance in california.  they could have answered all your questions and got you what you needed in 10 mins.  they sell everthing in perfromace cam kits.  you can have them make any cam you want and advise tou through what would work best for you and set you up with what you need.  remember that the new cam is going to cause more pressure on those valve parts and that why you should replace your stock components. 

Clifford seems to only be for the 6 cyl.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline andpgud

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2011, 04:24:15 AM »
So what you mean is that I should not be looking into getting some oem parts, but upgraded?

YJmechanic

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
clifford advertises the inline 6 stuff cause that is their nitche business,  but they are the best place and the onlly place sometimes to get four cylinder parts.  they made my camshaft and my entire valvetrain.  my camshaft is more aggressive than any of the others i have seen on the market and at the time i did my motor built,  they were the only ones that would even do the work.  i called crane and lunati and all the cam companies and no one wanted to touch that motor

as for the stock parts,  depends on how aggressive the cam is.   my cam would destroy stock spings and locks.  but if you are going with a cam that is not that aggressive you can get away with stock parts that are new as new will still be a strength increase over the worn stock parts that you have