Author Topic: Got my SYE and oredered my Tom Woods shaft  (Read 1158 times)

01amberfirewv

Got my SYE and oredered my Tom Woods shaft
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:52:01 AM »
To measure the existing DS I removed the t-case drop and used a pump jack to hold the plate to the frame.  I am worried now that I may have been off a little.  Is it going to make a big difference if I was off 1/4" or so?

SMC4WD

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 05:10:12 PM »
no...   1/4" is no sweat...  especially if your running a Tom Wood's...  It'll have enough play...

I've got a Woody too!

01amberfirewv

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
Quote from: "SMC4WD"
no...   1/4" is no sweat...  especially if your running a Tom Wood's...  It'll have enough play...

I've got a Woody too!

Did you have to get adjustable uppers to run it our do you still have stock control arms

SMC4WD

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:05:25 PM »
I'm leaf sprung.  But adjustable upper control arms, or lower are changing your pinion angle.  It shouldn't effect the length all that much.  Coil springs will extend the distance from the frame, and the control arms degree the stuff all in.  

The J arms that Currie has would probably be the only thing that could effect it, but those are lowers only.

01amberfirewv

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 06:20:08 AM »
I think I will try to run the stock arms but if they don't work I'll get uppers to adjust the pinion angle and hopfully pic up a few more inchs of wheelbase