Author Topic: Roller yella terra / injectors  (Read 434 times)

Offline special4

Roller yella terra / injectors
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »
Hi All
In the wrangler 2.5 5speed, if I use the roller rocker kits yellaterra I win more power and torque in lower rpm? and can I use injectors of explorer v8 98? or injectors of wrangler 4.0 97-2001?
thanks

Offline jagular7

Re: Roller yella terra / injectors
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:39:29 PM »
Nope....roller rockers only benefit is high rpm where the rocker is a rock'n.

Some have stated they 'feel' more of the seat of the pants with injection changes. But in reality, its still a 2.5l air pumper. Nothing bolt on or cheap is going to get you more actual power. It'll be cheaper to do other bolt on things to your Jeep to get better performance out of the driveline.

Example, regearing, loosing mechanical fan, lightening the jeep itself, but that may not be enough...maybe a complete driveline swap from engine, trans, tcase, and diffs.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Offline Wrench

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:14:15 AM »
The roller rockers will help at all RPM, but barely enough to even notice.  Due to the documented flex of the stock stamped rockers, you gain just a tad bit of lift even with the stock 1.6 ratio.

As for the Explorer injectors, it depends on what model year your Jeep is.  The '98 Explorer injectors will be the EV-6 type connector.  The earlier Jeeps are EV-1 style connector.

I have a set of stock '99 Explorer injectors installed on my '92 YJ now, and had to switch the connectors out for EV-6 connectors.  I completely skipped the "fuel pressure calculation" stuff and tested with a wide-band O2 system.  The WOT setting is a tad on the rich side (11-12:1).
Paul
1984 Chrkee

Offline special4

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:09:25 AM »
Hi, my wrangler is 1993. I can't use the explorer injectors? Thanks