Author Topic: Black 1.5" Suspension  (Read 1142 times)

bwarren

Black 1.5" Suspension
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:37:37 AM »
I have an 88 Wrangler which is pretty much stock.  I use it off road less than 5% of the time (don't even think the front diff locks :)).  It has 49K original miles.  I have one broken leaf and I'm thinking of putting on the Black Diamond 1.5" lift suspension.  Why?  It seems pretty cheap, I'm happy with the 1.5" lift, and it includes the shocks in the kit (which most others don't).  How much firmer is the ride going to be??  Any other comments are appreciated.  Thanx in advance for everyone's help!!

Offline chardrc

Black 1.5" Suspension
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »
well i got a 2inch bds lift for my 90 yj adn it improved the handling alot.. but thats proably becasue it was on its orgional shocks and springes and had 150k miles on it.. adns thew shocks were rusted through adn the leafs were flat across.. im not an expert with lifts and there qwuality but the answer will come from someone soon.. ow ya and my lift came with shocks..
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Reyn

Black 1.5" Suspension
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 09:48:46 AM »
careful with the stuff from black diamond, my friedn mark just installed a lift from them and he has not even wheeled it yet only drove it to around town and he has bent the springs. ALWAYS REMEMBER....you get what you pay for!