Author Topic: Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?  (Read 9108 times)

Offline chardrc

Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »
which dark side...lol. if any i might put a v6 in my jeep... but that wont be for a while....  but in about 5-7 years i could proably get another yj for cheap that will be beat into the ground with no mantinence from the same person that gave me the jeep i have now.... he has a 95yj now(i think it has the 6banger) and i dont think he is treating his curent jeep anybeter than he did mine when it was his... he is/was a 0 mantinence driver.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

jwrape

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 04:38:18 PM »
Quote from: "chardrc"
which dark side...lol. if any i might put a v6 in my jeep... but that wont be for a while....  but in about 5-7 years i could proably get another yj for cheap that will be beat into the ground with no mantinence from the same person that gave me the jeep i have now.... he has a 95yj now(i think it has the 6banger) and i dont think he is treating his curent jeep anybeter than he did mine when it was his... he is/was a 0 mantinence driver.

My dad just bought a 0 maintenace 95' Sahara for $1000 from his friend. I think it's been over heated not sure but my Dad plans to rebuild it.  :D
Those can sometimes be good deals, sometimes not

might4banger

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »
My other might4banger is a SVT focus... it has 30lb injectors (stock) you can pick those up from Ford racing thru Summit and other speed shops. FWIW - the SVTf has hot cams, high compression, header, dual stage intake runners and so on... It's just a 2.0L putting out 170 hp stock... but it's all top mid range/top end power.

I don't want to push my powerband up in the RPMs in my Jeep.

Jhcujo

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 10:05:09 PM »
the way that I figured out what injectors worked was I went to the 50motorstorts web site. I looked up what all years and models that went with the 19lb injectors. it is a long list basicly anything with the 4.6 motor be it a ford or a mercury. Also some 5.4 trucks I think it was the 350 F series.
One thing that I am planning on doing is getting 4 more injectors and sending them to a company that cleans and flow matches the injectors for 15.00 per. The way I see it I can get new injectors for 60 that the other place sells for 160.00.
I would really like to hear from other guys that put these things in. To see if they feel the samething that I do. But from all the stuff I have done 4.0 TB bored to 62mm, Elec fan. TB spacer, 62mm intake manifold and K&N intake. This one was the very best upgrade.

wrangler387

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 10:21:46 PM »
I wouldn't be suprised if those ford injectors have a better spray pattern then the stock jeep ones, the whole jeep motor is inefficient. The fact is you don't need more fuel for your stock jeep, look in my sig i have the 4.0/spacer/bored intake/header etc. and mine still runs rich under WOT. Cruising conditions spray pattern is what matters since the jeep shoots for a target AFR. Find a better spray pattern with whatever the stock injector size is, or go with smaller ones and raise the fuel pressure. The stock fuel pressure is really low, which also doesn't help with a good spray pattern.
I will eventually be running other injectors, but i'll have megasquirt to tune for the larger injectors and higher fuel pressure.j

O yea, as for injectors. All of the bosch top feed injectors should work.

/dev/null

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 12:52:37 AM »
Here are a bunch of the Ford/Mercury injector color codes:
3.0L GRAY - 14 lb./hr.
3.0L BLUE/GREEN - 25 lb./hr.
3.0L PINK - 24 lb./hr.
3.2L VIOLET - 24 lb./hr.
3.8L GRAY - 14 lb./hr.
3.8L GOLD - 19 lb./hr.
3.8L RED - 30 lb./hr.
3.8L DARK BLUE - 36 lb./hr.
4.6L BLUE - 24 lb./hr.
4.6L YELLOW - 19 lb./hr.
4.6L PINK - 19 lb./hr.

4.6L BLUE - 39 lb./hr.
5.0L YELLOW - 19 lb./hr.
5.4L LIME GREEN - 42 lb./hr.

If you go to the U-Pull-It yard, just look for a 4.6L engine. Most all are yellow. Pink if I recall, was used early in the production years. Just unbolt the fuel rails and the injectors will just pop out. I would reccomend new O-rings if there is any sign of distress. Not pricy at all. You will overpay going to the auto parts store or a stealership for the injectors.

Peter M

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 08:49:50 AM »
Ok, this may be a dumb question but i'll ask it anyway... Will this work in the 02 tj's as well?
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

wrangler387

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 09:00:54 PM »
yea, there are A LOT of options for injectors also. Tons of cars use the top feed injectors.

jwrape

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 11:49:04 AM »
Ok, I got the new injectors in. It's not a HUGE difference, but it does idle smoother, accelerate smoother and I do notice a little difference in the top end not being so easy to lose speed. BUT as far as a rush out and replace the injectors with these. I would say if you have over 100k on your motor then you prolly should replace your injectors cause yours are prolly worn. If you are already replacing them then use these 4.6L injectors. They work nicely.

jwrape

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 05:51:44 AM »
Ok, I am changing my story a little. I have had enough drive time to actually see one MAJOR difference in the 19lbs injectors.
The difference I am referring to is, they run VERY RICH.
The small advantages of putting the injectors in is grossly offset by the nasty smell that it gives off from running so rich.
Last night I switched back.

I don't know if this is just my Jeep or what cause my Jeep has always ran rich compared to my Dad's Jeep that is only a year newer than mine but his doesn't smell nearly as bad as mine. So now I have switched back and I am not rich anymore.

Other Jeeps might be able to handle the extra fuel but mine doesn't. Just to many fumes from those injectors.

Funny thing is, it wasn't rich when I first put them in but I guess it took a little drive time to get the computer adjusted to the new injectors.

wrangler387

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 04:26:14 PM »
hmmm... i would've never guessed that  :wink:  :D

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2006, 06:38:22 PM »
Quote from: "jwrape"
Ok, I got the new injectors in. It's not a HUGE difference, but it does idle smoother, accelerate smoother and I do notice a little difference in the top end not being so easy to lose speed. BUT as far as a rush out and replace the injectors with these. I would say if you have over 100k on your motor then you prolly should replace your injectors cause yours are prolly worn. If you are already replacing them then use these 4.6L injectors. They work nicely.

Are you running a 4.0.L t.b.? If not, this could be contributing to the richness.

I'm still going to install mine and test run them for a month. If I end up too rich I'll throw the old ones back in.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

wrangler387

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2006, 07:16:43 PM »
according to his signature he is. I am running a 4.0/spacer/intake/header and my stock set-up runs rich under WOT... I tried to say this in the beginning of the thread and nobody listened. You dont need bigger injectors, a set with a better spray pattern would be nice though.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 07:28:37 PM »
Quote from: "wrangler387"
according to his signature he is. I am running a 4.0/spacer/intake/header and my stock set-up runs rich under WOT... I tried to say this in the beginning of the thread and nobody listened. You dont need bigger injectors, a set with a better spray pattern would be nice though.

yup, I should have checked his sig.

Does anyone produce a better injector that will fit? Anything else with a 16lb rating that will work? What about some type of adjustable valve on the fuel rail/line to control the volume of flow?

wrangler387

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 09:35:19 PM »
You can get an adjustable FPR, which will increase or decrease the pressure... Although i wouldn't decrease the pressure any, it is already low. I'm unsure which injectors are the same size as stock, i've only looked into larger ones.