Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 300133 times)

Yellowcritter

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2006, 04:45:14 PM »
Quote from: "kamikaze124"
Hello everyone.. I have been trying for a week to get on here, and never go a email conformation, Got someone from another forum to talk with someone from here, and WaaaaaaLaaaa... I am finally here. :lol:

My name is Billy, I am from Texas.. I have a 94 Yj that I have taken from bone stock to where it is now.. Have had it for about 5 yrs now..
Current state of it is.... Has the 4 cylinder of course.. Is spring over and sitting on 39.5 Iroks.. Has 513 gears.. Dana 44 up front with warn shafts, and CTM"s.. Rear is a Dana 60 35 spline  built by WMS.. I took the standard trannie out and installed a 904 TF..  Has a 4.3 Atlas.. Wheelbase is 105 to 106..(( Depends ))   Have helped build tube fenders for the front.. Just got through building rear crusher corners for it ..  Is shackle reversal. and the frame has been extended about 3 inches in the front.
Has a fuel cell for behind the seat. and a nice stereo...  Beadlocks to..
Hydro assist steering.. with high steer.    Thats about it for my jeep so far.. Will have a dana 60 up front someday, and hopefully running 42" Iroks...   My jeep climbs , crawls and pretty much does what I ask of it..
I am very pleased with it.. It is street legal, and It will run about 55 down the road.. My wife also drives it around town some.. So it is safe to drive..
My passion is my wife and my little girls, and my jeep...  Thats about it..
Here are a couple of pic of it..   Thanks for letting me use this board.. If I can help anyone out, please ask... I do not belive in flamming people...I have been flamed for asking questions, and I don't like it.. I will give you an answer if I can.. If not, I will tell ya... I will also be asking questions, so be patient with me as well... Thanks.. 8)

Sorry for all the pic... But I am pretty proud of my jeep.. :D

Its also fun to do things with a 4 cylinder that the big engines do.. and sometimes do it better..   Thanks again..

Hey Kamikaze,

Glad to see ya made it ... jeeps looks good. Liked the Disney pics.

Mike

kamikaze124

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2006, 04:53:31 PM »
Thanks for all your help Mike.. I appreicate it..

Dr. Feelgood

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2006, 06:34:45 AM »
Hey,

I just got a 95 YJ 4 banger.

I want to build it up, but I'm not quite sure how.

Luckily, I believe in trial and error.

Sooooooooo, I guess I'll be asking a lot of questions.

Probably stupid ones.

Please bear with me.

Cheers.

GreenBayjeeper

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2006, 10:01:15 AM »
Hi everybody!

I have a 98 TJ.  Bone stock.  The windsheild wipers don't work on high anymore, I broke the heat control slider dealie, my used hard top has a plexiglass window on back, and the damn thing bogs down/ hesitates when I get it moving.

So yeah, I'll be asking all sorts of questions.  Some valid, and some dumb.

lanulos89

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2006, 11:26:45 AM »
damb for a 98 and stock it seems like you put it through hell already

Chad

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2006, 02:54:29 AM »
Hello,
I just joined this website this evening.  I've got 99 TJ 2.5L, Its got a 3.5" BDS suspension lift, new lower control arms, steering stabilizer, 31" wild country tires.  My friends and I call it the freedom machine, one of my favorite additions was a soundbar with domelight, its the little things like a dome light that make you smile, but soundbar is great cuz it holds 2 6x9s.  

I'm currently a student University of Colorado, Boulder. The freedom machine is my only ride and I've driven it all over the country.  I've taken it on the 2000 mile Massachusetts to Boulder trip 3 times, Massachusetts-Northern Minnesota twice, and Northern Minnesota-Boulder twice.

I know the TJ is not made to be a cross country cruiser but it always gets me to where I need to go unfortuneatly it tops out at about 72 mph, so I can't don't speeding tickets but I can't even reach the 75 mph speed limit on the Nebraska interstate.  I like taking it on mountain trails and in the mud in Minnesota, but a few times a year i have to take it on long trips and I need to know how to get a few more miles per hour.

4X4DAVE

« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2006, 12:00:52 PM »
1995 2.5L Auto

I became a jeep owner August 2005. The jeep was originally my older brothers which owned this for at least 7 years. He was getting married at the time when the Trans was going and his fiancé didn’t want him to spend any more money on it. So, he sold it to me at a good price and I got the trans fixed. I can’t wait to up grade this jeep, and I know my brother would be so happy that I did.

Offline chardrc

« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2006, 07:45:26 PM »
well im kinda new.. i have jeep jeeping all my life (grandparents have pic of me working on my grandpas cj2a when i was 5) started driving jeeps in woods when i was 7. and now that i got my lisence i got a worn down 1990 yj 2.5l from a guy at my dads work that did nio mantinance on it and i saved it from a juckyard and i am still trying to get it to run right:).... and wile looking for options to get more power out of the little 2.5l i came acroos this site and found it very usefull so naturaly i joined.

my dad has 49 cj2a and 2005 rubicon and 97 grandcherokke.. grandpa has 46 cj2a..  mom has 2004 gc.... i have 1990 yj.... ya i come from a jeep family...

oww ya and we just got a cj2a today that were going to put a chevy 4.3l v6 in and make it into a rock craller.....
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

pavement_hater

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2006, 07:46:24 AM »
Hello My name is Chris and I am from North East, MD. I have a 95 YJ 2.5L 5sp running 31's. I don't post to often but Im always around reading.

upnorthbacon

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2006, 11:51:44 PM »
Hi to everyone, I've had my 98 TJ for almost 5 years.  I bought it with 31's, put on 2" body lift and 32x11.5 BF KO's.  Drove it like that the first year.  Upgraded the next year with 2" procomp suspension lift and swapped on used 33x12.5 Radial Stags.  Worked great, until my wife totalled my second vehicle!  Now it's a daily driver and I've removed the 2" suspension lift and kept the body lift and I'm running 33x10.5 BF KO's.  I have the stock 4.11 gears and 4 banger w/5 speed.  It gets around great in 4 lo through sand and mud, I don't do any rock climbing.  I haven't gotten any rubbing with the tires   There are 6 of us that go out from time to time.  One YJ w/Chevy 350 and 35's.  A TJ w/4.56 gears and 35's, a CJ w/305 and 35's, stock rubicon, and a TJ w/4.88's and 37" Irocks.  Surprisingly the stock axles have held up with the 37"s and his jeep gets around great with the 2.5!  We only run mud and sand trails, and some hill climbing.  My next mod is to gear down to 4.88's and add 33x13.5 LTB's.  At some point I'm going 8.8 in rear 4" lift and 35's.  I'll get some pics up sometime for everyone to see, I'm surprised there's no pic section?  Anyway that's a little about me, everyone seems really great here!

greenghost

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2006, 10:56:09 AM »
hello everybody newbie here from central NC tried the map thing and could not get on the map  :(  but hello anyway :D

yjdave

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2006, 03:10:08 AM »
Hi everyone, im a newby to this site but not to the jeep world, i owned my '92 2.5 yj since 2002 and it was stock when i bought it now has:
high flow cat and muffler, 4.0 TB, grinded air intake, TB spacer, +3.5 bds lift kit and ugly 31s. Soon to go with 32 extrem trekkers and new gears.
Great website, finally one dedicated to the 2.5 - keep up the good work!!

JWJeeper94

« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2006, 04:57:46 AM »
I am new to Jeep ownership and have recently bought a 94 wrangler, 4 banger. I live in Lancaster Pa. and besides the few fluid leaks and different odds and ends the previous owners "patched" instead of fixed I like driving my Jeep. No mods or anything grand just a daily driver I'm replacing worn out bushings and other things to make it dependable.Anyways Hello to all ,I appreciate these forums as we are our best source of info.

frankenjeep

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2006, 12:22:03 PM »
I have always wanted a Jeep, and the wife finally let me have one.  It is a 2004 TJ that is pretty much stock with the exception of 31x10.50 tires and Dick Cepek wheels.  I just got it back from the shop because a week after I got it some guy pulled out in front of me, and I nailed him, hence the username frankenjeep.  Luckily, it only damaged my bumper and front quarter panel.  Anyway, I live in Northwest GA, and I am a total newbie to Jeeps and off-roading.  Hope to learn something from all the more experienced members of this board.  I promise not to ask too many dumb questions.

GrimJeeper

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2006, 12:43:18 AM »
Just thought I'd introduce myself. JD here, I recently came across my 94 YJ  on Craigslist which I had traded in some 7 years earlier.  I noticed the license plate, called the guy and it turns out it's my old Jeep.  Not one to turn away from "fate" I went out and bought it.  

Now 7 years later the internet has sprouted all kinds of forums for Jeeps.  I'm here because my Jeep is a 4 banger.  Now I see all kinds of terms such as 4.0TB, 1 inch spacer, exhaust kits, intake kits, ignition kits, cam, turbo chargers, superchargers, etc.

You get the idea.  I have a headache already!! Well at the risk of asking same question for the thousanth time I'll start using the search function.

It's good to know you guys are here! :D