Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 299163 times)

littleredbeater

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2006, 07:40:04 AM »
I hope you bought it for less than you sold it for. haha Welcome!

jimmy

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »
Hello, just found this site...awesome!  I have been looking for something like this.  I bought a 2003 TJ 2.4L 4 cyl for the CA mountains and love it.  The only problem I have is getting more power going UP the mountains.  I put new rims and 30" tires on a stock suspension, and was wondering what ways there are to improve my torque/HP performance.
    I have to be in 3rd gear the whole way at 3000 rpms up the mountain and it really whines, is it alright to push the rpms over this range?

Thanks!

dunklervogel

« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2006, 10:24:45 PM »
Been a reader for around a month .. just recently created a name.  Found a lot of helpful topics here.. really enjoying the site!

About the Jeep:
I Own a 97' Wrangler TJ 2.5 that is pretty much 100% stock inside and out.  It is my daily driver but I want to put a little work into it.  I plan on installing a 2'' spring spacer suspension and getting some 31s.  After that I'll prolly be looking into some under the hood upgrades to help the horsepower a bit...  buuuut even with a completely stock TJ I have been really impressed with the offroad capability and can't wait to drop a lil cash on some upgrades.

Guardian7

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2006, 09:41:55 PM »
Hi everyone my name is Mark, I love this WebSite and have been four wheelin for 25 years. My 1st real 4X4 was 76 FJ40 Lancdcruiser with a chevy 350 which I built up from a 4 bolt block in my garage. It was a fun 4X4 but the power did break lots of stuff. I was an Aerospace Ground Equipment Tech in the USAF which ment we had to fix anything and everything. I started off hot roding cars and motorcycles in high school where I grew up in CT and graduated in 80. I now live in SO CAL and own a 1989 Jeep YJ with a 2.5L. My main hobbies are 4X4's, Reptiles, and Computers.

SMC4WD

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2006, 09:49:41 PM »
It's great to see and welcome new faces (and rigs!)

Welcome to the site and enjoy!!  I've enjoyed this site too and love the information all of you offer!

cavtrooper

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
hey just wanted to say hey and introduce myself.  names Nic i own a 01 TJ pretty much still stock except for a few minor changes i post pics soon
im from colorado springs CO. and im in the army

QElliott17

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2006, 10:47:26 AM »
Just wanted to say hi.  I have a brand new 2006 SE 2.4 L Wrangler.  I have had it since the beginning of May and I have loved every minute of it.

Enjoi

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2006, 02:25:35 PM »
hello everyone ive been with the group for about i dunno maybe a year now but decided to finally register in the forums. i own a 97 TJ with a RE 3.5 and 31s. This is my first car and i dont know anything about engines or wrenching so im more of a lurker than anything.

Jesse-James

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »
As long as you have access to some basic tools and ain't afraid of getting dirty, you found a good place to start.

Welcome!

damon54

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »
Hey,  New to the forum. I just moved to Orlando Fl.  from Tx by way of 9 months in New Orleans La (for work).  I bought my 92 yj from a guy in North Carolina and drove it to Orlando where I bought a 96 cherokee for my daily driver while I fix up the yj.  Looking for any tips and tricks for the 2.5s that I can get

jimmyl

« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2006, 01:55:35 PM »
Hi all.  just joined today.  I bought my YJ this time last year.  I have not modified it yet as it is my DD.  Look forward to learning from you all.

Enjoi

« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2006, 10:06:40 PM »
Quote from: "Jesse-James"
As long as you have access to some basic tools and ain't afraid of getting dirty, you found a good place to start.

Welcome!

Thank!  :D

Dave

« Reply #102 on: July 05, 2006, 02:41:52 PM »
I have a 1980 4cyl  CJ  that I bought last fall . It has a meyers plow on it and runs great. does anyone know what the GVW of this vech is

Jesse-James

« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2006, 12:38:22 AM »
Find the nearest truck stop and they'll let you use their scale. My 95 YJ came to 3250lbs. Cost me 8.00 to jump on it. They keep em pretty accurate because they have to pay the truckers fines if they are off.

robstein

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2006, 11:59:31 PM »
Just got an '88 with 4" lift and 33" tires! I will surely be asking for ALL your help and advice!!!  CAN'T WAIT!! :D

I acyually do have a cuple of questions right now.
1. Does any one know why 5th gear is known to go out? (I've been told that it is a common problem with these)
2.  I've been looking into the TB spacer thing and found ones for only 91 (i think) and newer, what is the difference, if any?

Thanks in advance,  :?