Author Topic: New here, Just bought a Jeep  (Read 2246 times)

JeepManMarc

New here, Just bought a Jeep
« on: January 22, 2007, 01:35:12 PM »
Hello My name is Marc, I drive a 1997 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L that I just purchased a couple weeks ago, 68k miles.  Since I have added tow hooks and 31's.  This is a great site and I am glad to be a part of it.

I am having a great time with it so far, no complaints as of yet!

Offline chardrc

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:39:27 PM »
welcome... your pic links didn't work :(
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:30:46 PM »
Welcome bro. For the pics to work... cut off all the text after the ".jpg" suffix.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:32:58 PM »
Nice Jeep by the way. What kind of tires are you run'n?
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

JeepManMarc

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 09:04:34 PM »
dexetr30, thanks for the help!  

The tires are just Baja M/T's, they work great on the trails here so far, I didnt want to spend too much as I am planning to go with 33's come summer. 8)

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 05:48:38 AM »
Ok, those are nice. I've been looking for tires for some time now. I could use a new set real soon but I tend to procrastinate. I'll tell you about that another time though.......... :lol:

JeepManMarc

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 03:26:57 PM »
Some shots from today, and a better shot of the tires, they actually do suprisingly well!

:wink:
-Marc

gomi

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 06:34:05 PM »
Nice, they look good. Have you had any fitment issues in regaurds to rubbing? I seem to have a wierd facination with tires, I started out with stock 215/75/25 then went to 235/75/15 then to 30x9.5 all in the space of about 14 months. Now I am itchy again and want to try out 31's. An expensive habit I know, but some girls bye shoes, I guess I like tires. :wink:

JeepManMarc

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
I love tires too, I have zero fitment issues except when turning fully one way or anyother, the tires just barely brush the frame rail at full crank, nothing to even worry about though.  Do you have the same wheels?  Im not sure about fitment on a YJ, or if it would be any different, what year is yours?

gomi

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 11:37:53 PM »
Quote from: "JeepManMarc"
I love tires too, I have zero fitment issues except when turning fully one way or anyother, the tires just barely brush the frame rail at full crank, nothing to even worry about though.  Do you have the same wheels?  Im not sure about fitment on a YJ, or if it would be any different, what year is yours?
I had the same wheels but got some new ones for christmas. I have a 99 tj

Liljeepz

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 06:09:24 PM »
Looks real good with the tires on it! Toss a 2" budget boost on there and discos, Rear tow point, then get a tire on the spare! If your wheeling and blow a beed it would suck, tyring to get out of a real muddy trail on that stock spare.
Then you would be set to conker some big trails!

lanulos89

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 06:52:09 PM »
adjust the steering stops, and you will have zero rub, i think there is a topic about it in the faq section

JeepManMarc

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 09:17:48 PM »
Thanks for the comments!  Plans are for a rear locker next, new front and rear bumpers with D rings, and some black steelies. From there on It will be 3-4 inch lift with 33's, and a winch.

I am taking the rear swaybar off tomorrow.  It kind of needs a new top, Im debating on wheather to get a new top or a locker next!  It doesnt really leak but I think its the original one, there is a tear in the back that has been repaired and the windwos are real foggy.  Im not worried about scratches because where we wheel it is a lot of back woods trails where there are low laying branches everywhere.

thanks again,
-Marc

Liljeepz

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 09:48:40 PM »
Plans are for a rear locker next

Putting that in your stock D35?  :shock:

JeepManMarc

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 09:56:48 PM »
For sure, I have heard mixed opinions but I beleive after all I have read that if I stay off of rocks where I can get into a dangerous bind I should be fine with my 31's.